1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I respond?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hereliesfreedom, Aug 4, 2013.

1. hereliesfreedom

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Okay, so I was talking to my mother about how Raven Symone recently came out has a lesbian because she heard it on the radio. She said that it was crazy that was in the closet so long. And I said a part of it was that being to the same sex marriage was legalized somewhere. She then went to say that it's unnatural and God didn't create us like that. That it was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve or Eve and Molly. And that just :***: shocking because I always that she was okay with same sex relationships. I know she doesn't want any of her kids to be gay. And this is all confusing because she doesn't know about me and was looking at me wanting me to agree. But all I can think is that my mother probably never accept me.

2. enigmeow

She speaks from a lack of personal connection to the issue. Many parents have changed when their kids come out

Give her a chance

3. hereliesfreedom

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I know but it's confusing because she always aced like she was okay with it

4. ZebraJynx121

I think you should tell her what you think personally and you feel about that topic. She's your mother so she should listen and respect your opinion.

5. Capsaicin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    +1

And do update us on how the discussion goes if you have it with her.

6. rjrh20

Maybe she thinks that you might be gay so by saying she was against it you might stand up for gay marriage and maybe that would reassure her that you are gay.

Also my dad asked me if I was gay and I said no because I thought he was homophobic and then he said I would support it if you were gay. Then I asked if he was homophobic Nd he was like yes I am but if you were gay I would be willing to support it. My point is she might change she is your mom and you are extremely important to her.