1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lectrickerick

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Defraction, May 12, 2008.

1. Defraction

The electricity and phone lines went down on my street for about 20 mins or so.

I WAS DEVASTATED.

Just goes to show how much I take electricity for granted... my god, everything I do needs electricity to run. Apart from homework of course... *cough*

Anyone had a similar experience?

2. Alex

I was on vacation once... on some Danish island in a summerhouse... i told everyone we should not watch TV all evening.. the power went out and guess who was moaning? ye me lol :'(

3. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We had a hurricane come through here 4.5 years ago and our house was without power for 60 hours or so. I wasn't panicking too much about no computer / TV. What was annoying was the spoiled food in the fridge and the cold water showers.

Since then we purchased an inverter for camping, and once (at home) the power went out for ~12 hours following a tropical storm, so we hooked the inverter up to a car battery to run the DSL modem, and ran the laptops off battery. It certainly was nice to still be able to stay in touch / get updates.

Though it's funny how often the power goes out and all your reasons for not doing homework disappear.

4. Hepcat

Well here is NZ we usually get a black outs during the winter... usually not for very long but they are annoying. The longest I can remember lasted for 6 hours. Usually I just read a book (but when it's in the evening it is sooooo aggravating).

5. Jeimuzu

My homework needs power too. :frowning2: I'm doing a computer science course at teesside uni, so yeah... can't really not use computers.

6. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    On August 23th, 2005, a true hurricane affected Uruguay. Lots of trees fell in Atlantida and one of those cut off the power line which serves my house (and basically only my house) so I ended up being without power for a week. It sucked big time. Showering was the worst problem, as it was winter and it was really cold, doing it with cold water wasn't exactly fun.

7. simon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    worst time there has been a power cut was while i was doing a computing course so we couldn't do our work but we did get to go home.
    i tend to read a book of go for a long walk somewhere and not care about a thing