1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People are jealous of bisexuals

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by xxaquaxx, Aug 4, 2013.

?

Are bisexual people lucky?

Poll closed Aug 11, 2013.
  1. Yes!!

15 vote(s)
    16.3%
  2. No!

45 vote(s)
    48.9%
  3. Maybe

32 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. xxaquaxx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Some of the comments made about bisexuals on the internet and on internet forums and in real life prove that heterosexuals and even gays wish they had attraction to both sexes but are only restricted to one sex.

What do u think?

Bisexuals are lucky. :badgrin:

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bisexual people also get a lot of prejudice from both gay and straight people. Stuff like "they can't commit", "they're just gay in denial", "they're gay but want straight privilege", "they can't be satisfied with one partner", all that crap.

3. LailaForbidden

I feel like this thread might go down a very bad road...

What do I think? I think the shit bisexuals gets arise from a lot of different areas. yes, including, jealousy somewhat. Also, general ignorance and stereotypes and such. honestly, i don't understand the jealousy. Being bisexuals has its own challenges, just as like homosexuality. I wish people understood that.

4. UndercoverGypsy

I wouldn't want to be bi - bisexuals get a shocking amount of irrational hatred. People think they can't be monogamous or that they are actually gay, and that would be tough to handle.

5. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I've never heard of anyone jealous of bisexuals. Usually see a lot of crap about bisexuals like "why can't you just choose a side and stick with it" or "sluts! the lot of them!"

...So please do tell where you see these people praising bisexuality... I would honestly like to know.

6. UndercoverGypsy

I've seen a few people on EC on various threads saying that they'd enjoy being bi.

7. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I have somehow missed those threads. :dry:

8. Foxface

yeah I think I missed those as well...

Foxface

9. UndercoverGypsy

I've seen it VERY sparingly, but I have seen it, and those posts are there somewhere.

10. MerBear

yeah, i definitely wish i had an attraction to both sexes :dry:

you be proud of your sexual orientation and i'll be proud of mine.
    but if you're talking about the bigots with stereotypes, Maybe they do. hell I don't know but if you're talking about in general, no

11. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Voted "Maybe." I do love having attraction to both sexes, but it has its issues.

12. jargon

Depends on a lot of things - your culture, your personal experience of bisexuality, etc.

Personally, I feel lucky to be bisexual. :grin:

13. Martjain

This 100x times.

14. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    +2 - it has its issues

- figuring out the balance of how much and in what way you like each gender
    - distrust from straight folks, and opposite sex members who can be suspicious
    - some gay folks who you'd simply like as friends but put up a wall
    - difficult to identify others who view things sort of the way you do
    - admittedly, there can be some who are hypersexed and have trouble committing, but that runs deep - some settle into monogamous relationships just fine
    - and on and on

15. FrostyWhiskers

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I found when I was a teenager deep in the process of sexual self discovery revealing my bisexuality to anybody other than another bisexual (i.e. straight or gay) more often than not resulted in some kind of stigmatic reaction.

When I was 17 I even went on a few dates with an older gay guy, but sensed pretty quickly that he had absolutely no emotional investment in me (but was perfectly willing to go through all the physical motions).

The end result was that I didn't end up doing a whole lot of exploring on the same sex front because I was afraid of the double stigma.But I regret that fact now later in life because I feel like my life is incomplete as a result.

What's that age old Hollywood cliché? The married man sneaking off to have an affair with his childhood male friend who he fell in love with but didn't pursue that aspect of his life because he never had to; he could stomach intimacy with a woman, so he walked away from the truest love he ever knew, because why wouldn't he if there's fruit growing on both sides of the fence, but only one side has a wolf on it.

So until an epidemic of heterophobia sweeps across the world, leaving both sides of the fence equally perilous I don't think any bisexual man will ever feel truly and fully empowered.

16. Yannick

Out Status:
    A few people
    To some people I am out as a "bisexual" (most people have no clue what pansexual means). They just think I am straight or bi-curious and leave it to that.

I don't even think I am lucky because I have only have partners that are opposite to my physical gender. I have no idea how to have "same gender" partners and it's eating me out. I am not gay but I have started being obsessed of "same gender".

17. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Think there are advantages. You know, as they say, double the chances of going home with someone after a party.

Stigma's a big issue. I suppose there's an advantage for me as it concerns dating- If I date bisexuals, I can be sure there's a better chance they'll be okay with me being transgender...

18. ValGold

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dont think people are jealous of bisexuals or that we are lucky to be bisxeuals to be honest, just like gays are not lucky to be gays or straights are not lucky to be straigh yk?

19. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel we're lucky, like those who are pansexual(which I may be closer to) it doesn't matter about the (biological) sex of partners.

20. Hexagon

I said maybe, because its the closest to "In some ways". I'm multi, like bisexuals, and I'm honestly very glad that I'm pansexual, because I feel freer to choose my partners that way. And people are so hot.

But it does have its disadvantages. Prejudice from gay people as well as straight, partners who don't trust us to remain monogamous when we promised to etc.