1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shipwrecked - Battle of the islands

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pirateninja, May 12, 2008.

1. pirateninja

http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/S/shipwrecked/

I just thought I'd share this with you, as it made me smile when I saw it. Yesterday was another episode of Shipwrecked (sort of like Big Brother but on islands) and there was a gay guy on there.

At first he said he was with someone and when they asked him who "the lucky lady" was he replied "I never said it was a lady" and then came out to the other islanders.

Anyway, after his coming out, another islander took him aside and basically explained to him that he had never met a gay person before and that although he wasn't homophobic, he didn't know how to act. They discussed it, the gay guy said "if you ever want to ask about it, just come and talk". And afterwards they both said they felt a good friendship between them.

The person who had never met a gay person also said something along the lines of "I've never met anybody who was gay before, and this is a new experience, but he seems like a top bloke, he's just another guy... I'm happy I came on here because I'm learning, and I'm having new experiences."

Theres hope for the breeders yet! :grin:

EDIT: I found the online episode for people who want to see it: http://www.channel4.com/catchup-player/player.htm?brandId=shipwrecked&contractId=44063&episodeId=5

It's around 25 minutes in, enjoy!

#1 pirateninja, May 12, 2008
    Last edited: May 12, 2008
  2. Alex

Interesting. You need to live in the UK or Ireland to watch it online :frowning2:

3. Andy_92

Andy_92 Guest

Lol i thaught id just leave a comment to say how much im lovin shipwrecked lol,
    When i dont oversleep :icon_redf
    Lol

Get me out there anyday, probs better than horrable england :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And yeah! Thank god that there was a gay guy on the island! It also helps shut off all the streotypes because there can be a really wiked perception of guys!

And, why do ppl always assume people are straight?? Again stereotypes!

#3 Andy_92, May 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2008
  4. WheelerBoi

WheelerBoi Guest

....I just watch it for the hot shirtless guys :icon_redf ...

but i was glad to see a gay guy that wasn't Mr. (or should that be Miss?) Stereotype.
    I have friends who are very girly but there's something annoying about most gay men on reality tv being a walking stereotype...

5. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OMG what a coincidence, I just got really into shipwrecked like, 2 days ago once I saw that very episode. :slight_smile: The gay guy was soo adorable (In friendly terms lol) I kinda wish he decided to stay...

I thought it was great when he was like, 'I never said it was a lady'. And the other guy, the one who'd never met a gay guy before, is cool for being open-minded about it.

6. LOVEjames

That's awesome. :grin:D

xD I find that amusing, "... he seems like a top bloke" - my first thought was, "Oh, were you the bottom when you got to know him?"