1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homophobic Democrat party vs pro-gay republican party

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Straight ally, Aug 5, 2013.

?

Who would you vote for if democrats where homophobic, and Republicanwhere pro gay

Poll closed Sep 4, 2013.
  1. I favor Reps, i would favor Dems

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  2. I favor Dems, i would still favor Dems

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. I favor Reps, i would still favor Reps

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  4. I favor Dems, i would favor Reps

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  5. Other, i would favor Reps

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. Other, I would favor Dems

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I favor Rep, other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I favor dem, other

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  9. Other

14 vote(s)
    41.2%
  1. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Which party you favor right now? with would you favor if Republicans instead where pro gay and democrats homophobic?

Why would you stay with your current party or why would you change?

2. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    both are, and will always be, shit, regardless of their 'policy' on gay people

3. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Haha i was thinking i was the only one :lol: .... Sometimes i suspect that many of the parties members dont actually agree with their party policy. But they want to have power so they "agree" with the party they find more convenient or with the party that receives them. Who knows, maybe many conservatives arent homophobic but they like to use fear against a group to obtain votes, maybe many democrats are homophobics or neutral toward lgtb but favor the lgtb and uses the movement as a political pawn just to get votes. Maybe i'm paranoid,maybe those parties are just puppets controled by the same puppeteer/factic power.

Needless to say: i dont trust politicians much.

---------- Post added 5th Aug 2013 at 03:42 AM ----------

I would just vote for the party which offers me what i want, or the one i distrust less.

4. jargon

I currently vote third party. If Democrats were homophobic that'd just be one more reason to hate the two party system.

5. KwT

KwT

Out Status:
    A few people
  6. Stripe101

I think I would still be a Democrat. That's just one policy.

7. Minamimoto_Fan

I don't dig parties... I vote for a person based on politics, not just their party.

8. Abbra

I would still probably agree with Democrats, just because I agree with most Democratic stances.

I'd probably go third party though. Obviously, I wouldn't be welcome in a homophobic party.

9. jargon

That was actually very interesting, even if it was a little oversimplified. I've spent a bit of time thinking about how a voting system might escape a two-party problem but never seen come across one that seemed viable. I'll be interested to see what his "alternative voting" system looks like.

Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

10. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all, it's the Democratic party. "Democrat Party" is an epithet that only Republicans and racists use.

I'll never ever EVER vote for a Republican EVER, even if all of a sudden they accepted gays. If my beloved Democratic Party suddenly turned homophobic, I'd be an independent.

11. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

^ This. I'd probably go for a third party, in all honesty. The day I vote Republican is the day y'all are free to take me out to pasture.

12. MerBear

^

agreed

13. UndercoverGypsy

Damn, you said it first.

14. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same here. I really doubt the Republicans would ever be pro-gay; much of their base consists of the paranoid, religious right and evangelical vote, and I highly doubt their going to ditch where a good 30 to 60% of their support comes from, depending on the state.

15. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yet that's exactly what they need to do in order to stay afloat. They need to dump the religious right, stop the war on women and the homophobic policies/rhetoric and just run on economic issues. That's how the Conservative Party of Canada (Basically the equivalent of the GOP) works. Conservative Prime Minister Stephen Harper stated:

On gay marriage (which became fully legal everywhere in Canada in 2005): "We have no intention of further opening or reopening this issue.”

On abortion, both the Liberal (same as the Democrats, but not the Canadian New Democratic Party) and Conservative parties have no official position on abortion and both have pro-choice and anti-choice members.

As a liberal Democrat, I agree with every campaign point of Dwight D. Eisenhower's 1952 GOP platform. If you read their platforms through the years, every four years they moved a little further to the right, and in the last 5 years, they've just gotten more hateful. Reince Priebus, the Chairman of the Republican Party bragged that the 2012 Presidential Election Platform was "the most conservative platform in modern history." I can go on for hours about why I hate the Republican Party and why they're so delusional.

And if it weren't for gerrymandering in the House of Representatives, 2012 would have been one of the biggest farces for the GOP in modern history.

16. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Look up ancient Greek history and the Spartans. There, they had state-sanctioned homosexual relationships for both men and women, and yet they were some of the most religiously conservative among the Greek city states. Moreover, they were slave owners of other Greeks (the Helots), not unlike the Antebellum South in America (who used Spartan themes to justify their actions and secession).

17. blueberrymuffin

This is hard for me to conceive, so long have Republicans been complicit in race and sexuality discrimination. I honestly don't support either party though. I might vote for the dems, except they are so far from leading on this and many other issues that it doesn't matter how vile repubs are.

18. ANightDude

I'd stay an independent, I suppose.

19. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a registered Republican, but I'm pretty much a moderate.

I favor Republicans slightly, although they tend to twist facts more frequently than Democrats (I see it every day where I work). As for Democrats, I think they pander more to voters and tell them what they want to hear instead of reality.

If more Republicans favored gay rights, it probably wouldn't change much for me because I don't base my opinion on candidates/political parties on just one issue. I think it's better to look at a candidate's overall view on public policy and beliefs rather than just one, which is why I voted for Mitt Romney. Romney wasn't exactly pro-gay.

20. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Republicans have major identity issues on all fronts at the moment (and have been dealt major damage by the latest Bush), and I have never fully agreed with their social conservatism. But a select group of Reps (namely Ted Cruz and anyone with the last name "Paul") are ones I feel are on our side enough that we should be on theirs.

I wish with all my heart we could end the two-party dominance because it's killing our country. But of the two, I am more likely to side with the right than Obama's insidious hyper-liberalism.