1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yahoo Answers Homophobia

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beware Of You, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

Ever been onto the Religous part of YA?

Its full of bigots, someone asked a question as to why some Christians persecute homosexuals and got this lovely response, full of bullshit

Why is being gay a "Sin" ? - Yahoo! UK & Ireland Answers

Apparently someone doesnt understand how AIDS works or that heterosexual sex can transmit it

2. PeterPie

Holy Hell... Shit like this makes me so mad...
    This guy gives religion a bad name. People sicken me...

"Your son could have gotten aids if he were heterosexual, but only if he shot dope with dirty needles, or if he got a blood transfusion that wasn't properly tested."

Is he for real? He knows NOTHING. Aids doesn't discriminate. People are fucking stupid.

3. Night

Night Guest

I try to not work myself up over homophobia - so no, I don't actively search for it.

4. Abbra

Yeah, that's Yahoo answers for you. I take anything they say with a grain of salt, because that's about all you can get out of Yahoo.

5. kem

kem

I got aids from that post. and brain cancer obviously because i feel so sick and my head hurts so much

6. Ticklish Fish

I remember i used to go to yahoo answer for my sexuality questions...

Yeah, I don't recommend that

7. FrostyWhiskers

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Dare-I-say the asker got the answer they were looking for. A peak into the mentality of those who say it's a sin.

8. Hexagon

Whatever. Hate exists. Reading about it doesn't make it any worse. I've made it my quest in life to stop my life being influenced by religion. I'm not going to let hate hurt me.

9. FrostyWhiskers

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In fairness I know a lot of Christians who question the homophobic interpretations of the bible.

In fact the church I went to as a child recognized and celebrated gay unions since the mid 1980s after its governing council ruled that love and sexuality in any relationship are gifts from god. That's not to say the church didn't have its dissenters.

My dad pulled me and my brothers out of church after the church we went to ordained a gay minister.

But I think the whole "homophobic Christians" phenomenon is something isolated mainly to a few countries. (or the 'homofriendly' Christians are just a strictly Canadian phenomenon, who knows). I know people who even identify themselves as catholics and yet challenge any homophobic interpretation.

But most people that I know who hold on to ancient religious beliefs have one thing in common: They believe in a god who is "with the times." and incapable of hate.

I'm only 30 (well in a couple of weeks), but I can assure you that while the "gay rights" movement has existed for some time, the modern "LGBT Equality" movement is still well in its infancy and yet I have already seen a considerable increase in LGBT acceptance in my lifetime. And it has considerable momentum.

Like racism (Which has also decreased considerably in my lifetime) homophobia is a sentiment that lacks any tangible moral imperative. Such sentiments are fated for oblivion.

10. Stripe101

There are actually more Atheists in the religious section than Christians. Well, in the U.S. version.

11. Munyal

Whoever posted this answer needs anger management. No seriously, these people need help.