1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting hit on by the opposite sex

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Islander, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Islander

Hi all,

Just interested to hear how you react to the opposite sex flirting with you or asking you out (if you're gay).

There's a boy who has had a crush on me for ages. He's funny, clever and good-looking, but I'm just not attracted to him. He knows I don't have a boyfriend, so I really have no excuse for repeatedly rejecting him and I feel quite bad for him. None of my friends can understand why I won't just go out with him and see how it goes, as I am not out at all, and I can never give them a reasonable explanation. He really has no chance - I'm a Kinsey 6!

Anyway, how do you fend off unwanted attention, whether or not you are out of the closet?

Islander

2. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If she asked me out: I just beat around the bush and say something like: "We're two entirely different people. Our interests would totally conflict."

If she flirts: I just act like I normally would.

3. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

Well, you can either start telling people you are a lesbian :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: or just say that you are not looking to date anyone and leave it at that. As for your friends, you can just tell them that you are not interested in going out with anyone right now, and that it's not a big deal for you.

4. LinkLarkin

A girl asked me out once (not directly but through a Valentine's card). I was younger then and unable to come up with a subtle solution so I basically just pretended it didn't happen and didn't say anything until she literally send her friends to start stalking me, at which point I rejected her...

As for flirting, it's only happened once, a couple of months ago, when this completely drunk girl was all over me for a minute because she was trying to make her boyfriend jealous. I did absolutely nothing because I was also drunk and had collapsed on the table at this point. It made me very uncomfortable though.

5. Britishskittles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If guys are bars try and flirt with me I just act not interested and they usually get the hint and back off or one of my lovely drunk friends will come along and say something to him , I used to tell guys Im gay but than they just think of threesomes and say something stupid 90% of the time so I stopped doing that. Before I was out to my friends and if a guy was interested id just tell them I had my eye on someone or I was getting over a break up (the oldest line in the book) but it seemed to work, course you cant say that to your friends cause they know that's not true so you could try saying your not interested and your an old romantic who wants to wait to find someone they really like to date or say hes more like your brother and it would just be akward , or you could be brave and try coming out to one of your friends. Good luck

6. Hexagon

I always like being hit on by girls.

7. ZebraJynx121

I honestly feel bad when girls hit on me. They seem determined to get something from me until i tell them im gay. I hate hurting someone's feeling but what can I do? I don't want to lie to them:dry:

8. Lunarchy

Once or twice I just showed them a picture of my russian friend, he's 7'4, weighs like 500 lbs. and has three belts in MMA fighting, and I tell them he's my boyfriend ^)^ But only if they are being obnoxious and I don't want to tell them I'm gay, because, like British skittles pointed out, some guys just want to play "Straighten the gay girl."

That's just the pervs though, I always feel bad turning down guys that genuinely like me, or are just very sweet, mostly cause I don't like rejecting people, but to them I mostly just say that I'm engaged, which was true until recently!

Anyways as for you're situation, just tell them he's not you're type. Say that you have a very, very specific type you are looking for in a man ^)^ Which is true, you want your man to be a woman haha.

If you're friends don't relent, just try and make it clear that you have, personal reasons for why you can't date him, maybe even imply that you are already seeing, or are already interested in someone.

9. the frizz

Guys have a hard time wrapping their heads around the fact that my girlfriend and I aren't into them at all. We are both still quite femme in our looks and how we act so they just think we're using the old 'she's with me' ploy to save each other when we're actually being dead serious. It's actually quite irritating...

10. leer

it has happened a few times once at work it was a new starter obviously fancy'd her chances told her as politely as i could .

11. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I sometimes flirt back, sometimes blush, sometimes laugh. It's no problem.

12. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Women who have known me for a while know I prefer to fly solo and will ask me to go do platonic things with them. I'm all for that.

Women who don't know me that well or are a little dense have been more persistent, in some cases. No, I'm not that great of a catch but, then, neither are they! Anyhow, I'll brush it off, for a couple of times, and if it gets out of hand, I will make sure I'm not in the same space as that person. I don't feel that someone I neither know that well nor have any interest in knowing is entitled to detailed explanations.

13. Jimi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    "Bitch, I like dick." Is the way I would handle it.

14. maracont

The awkward area between bible belt and large city
    Well.. I think someone actually hit on me once, and I was in denile that it was even possible.

15. InsanityIsAwake

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Girls hit on me more, I just kinda ignore and keep talking like normal

16. Munyal

I just act normally, and if they ask me out, they obviously don't know me that well. But I find it flattering.

17. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Girl, I ain't no Vagina Diner :roflmao:

No, jokes aside, there's a Girl at Work, that fancies me, I have been told that she checks me out when I walk past & looks at my Ass Lol I suppose you can take it as flattery :slight_smile:
    These Boy ain't for turning :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

18. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There have been girls who've found me attractive, began dropping hints, flirting with me, etc. in the past, and in all honesty, I love it. I love it when people, regardless of gender, find me attractive. It makes me feel so good about myself :grin:

That being said, I cannot return those feelings to the girls who like me and I'm not out yet, so I do get kind of nervous and uncomfortable when girls start flirting with me because I'm not sure what to do/say.

19. FloatingPiano

When I was a junior in high school I had this guy I sat next to in Trig ask me out a twice.
    The first time I just said no. The second time I just straight up told him I'm a lesbian. Turns out he was totally cool with it and actually I found out he has two gay dads! :slight_smile:

Another time I actually had my best guy friend, who does know I'm gay, try to kiss me in the car. I did not engage, haha. I asked him what the hell he was doing and he just wanted to make sure I was gay, haha. I then flicked him in the nose. :slight_smile: We laugh about this event all the time.

20. Hrantou

A few have asked me out. I just tell them "Sorry, I'm gay" and then they usually just walk away.

One girl didn't quit though. I think she was just way too drunk but she kept obviously checking me out and would keep walking by me to brush up on me and eventually I just left the bar.

Sorry, I only play for one team. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: Incredibly flattering though :slight_smile: