1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Psychic Reading

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lostinthought9, May 12, 2008.

1. lostinthought9

The other night, at our local annual fair, there was these two psychic ladies, and I was interested and what not, so I went in the tent, and got a reading....she said that i was a very strong minded person, blah, blah, and she described how i was closer to my mom than I was my dad (which is true) and that surprised me, and made me kinda believe the stuff she would soon say....anywayz long story short, she said that i would get married to a FEMALE!!!! and have 3 kids!!! that REALLY bothered me, cuz I consider myself gay, more than bi, but definately NOT straight....and she also said that, after I had mentioned that i was gay, that "this is a phase that I'm going through"...wtf?!? I KNOW damn well that this is not a phase!, and she gave me this little prayer to say when i feel urges to be with a man....and i asked her what was her views on homosexuality, and she said that there wasnt anything wrong with that, and that she had many gay friends, but she said that i wasnt meant to be with a man...but what really gets me is this: Why did it bother me so much when she said that??

she also said that i will have a career that will keep me traveling and my name will be famous, which made me ecstatic, cuz ive always wanted to drive for NASCAR (dont laugh at my dream!) yea anywayz...that's basically it...

2. acorn7

Don't listen to what those people say! Sorry, but they don't know what they're talking about...

3. jroakwood

hmm. yeah, i'd probably be upset with that reading too, if i believed her.
    and i believe in that sort of stuff, so i'd probably believe her.
    (that or she was a loser psychic, which could be true.)
    :]

im sorry its bothering you.
    but just know that only you have control over your future in the end.

4. motleyjunkie

i think some of the stuff they said was true.
    then some of it is not. one of them says i basically need to quit beign a slut.
    when i would onsider myself a very conservative person ehhh whatever but they were rite on alot of the stuff.
    and so what if u marry a woman thats nt for another like 10-15 years.

5. InaRut

Yea ummm I wouldn't worry about what she is saying. Maybe it's true. Because maybe right now you just really wanna date a guy to know what it's like and later on you'll still fall for a girl....But most likely you'll do what you feel is right in your heart and now what some psychic said.

Psychics fall under the same category as Ouiji boards, "Freaky but just for fun."

So live your life...and don't try and predict where it will take you...because it'll be alot less fun that way :slight_smile:

6. pirateninja

I'm very cynical about stuff like that. Getting married seems like a normal thing for someone to predict as nearly everyone marries and has kids. And then you ruined her prediction by saying "I'm gay", so she had to think of something to cover it up.

I think if she was really a psychic, she would have known that you are gay from the word "go" and wouldn't have to backtrack on her reading by giving some lame excuse. :dry:

Just ignore it, live your life as you want. Some people take the word of psychics wayyyy too seriously and in an attempt to live out what has been said, they deliberately do what they have been told, simply because they believe it is their destiny to do so. It's a self-satisfying prophecy, almost like saying to somebody "you're ill", and even if they aren't, they believe it and act as if they are ill, simply because they believe it.

7. JSG

JSG Guest

Well you know you're gay, right?
    What does she know? She just says want she thinks people want to hear and uses cold psychology.
    Don't worry, you're gay :icon_wink

8. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That happened to me too, but indirectly (through my mum). The prediction? "You'll get married and have children". Such a vague prediction. Can be interpereted in a zillion different ways.

Also there are so many fakes out there that it's hard to tell which ones are real. That one was definitely a fake.

9. InaRut

I'm getting a psychic reading right now actually,

"JSG you will fall in love with a man born under Canadian Blood and who's eyes are darker then the night's ocean. He goes by a name starting with "PH" and ending with "LIP." Also I'm seeing MUCH walrus in your future."

:slight_smile:

10. Leigh

Leigh Guest

^^LOL

i think it bothered you cus some random woman tryed to tell you she knew more about you than you do.
    sounds to me like shes actually kinda homophobic but she didnt want to risk insulting you cus you were a customer so she tryed to play with your mind instead.

anyway dont stress. your not gonna marry someone unless you love them, and if you love them, and if you love them what does it matter if some random lady was right or not.

11. Alex

All these people just predict something that can fit on 95% of the person that they are "reading"... no big thing..

12. Negasta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Psychic reading is absolute nonsense and you should pay that phony no heed.

13. Crusades32

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    dont believe the physic only YOU know who you like and don't like i hope you didnt pay the,

14. Rette

This man speaks truth. Don't even give this "reading" a second thought.

15. Brandford

i wouldnt suggest listening to them, they are a bunch of con artists, u choose your own destiny

16. lostinthought9

thanks for all the caring responses guys! :slight_smile: ya'll are right, i shouldnt believe everything she said..

17. sdc91

It was psychic at a fair.

'Nuff said.

Anyone have 3 tickets? I want some cotton candy!

18. Jdmdrules

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    psychic people are just good BSers