1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any one know how to write a thesis paper to pass a placement exam?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Unsurevirgin, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Hi everybody , I'm practing for the placement exam,I'm getting math well ,I can do well on reading but I forgot how to write a thesis essay :frowning2: sigh I'm a wreck anyone willing to help ? I need a refresher . And I'm hoping l'll get at least 81 on the sections and go to credit courses and graduate and get my ot degree !!!

2. crickett

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Tell me more - I am a certified English teacher - tell me where you need help. What part of the writing process are you having difficulty: planning, drafting, revising, editing, or publishing? My guess is in the drafting, revising, and editing.

As a refresher this is the writing processes.
    PLANNING
    The easiest is to create a bubble mind map./ For example, If you are writing about the civil war, you would place this in the center circle on a page. Then you would draw a line and add another circle and label this one confederate. You will now add an additional circle to civil war labelled union. What do you know about the union? They had factories. Add another circle and add this to union. What do you know about the confederacy? They have slaves. Add another bubble and attach this to confederacy.

Draft
    Write you first draft of your essay using your mind bubble map. Each bubble will be a separate paragraph.

Edit
    This is where you will check word usage and ensure all sentences start with a capital and end with a period. Also, ensure that only one thought is carried over from paragraph to paragraph.

Revise
    Look at your sentence structure. You may have a sentence like this: My grandmother lives in an old house. This is boring. Lets try to spice this up.
    My grandmother lives in a century old gingerbread home that was built in the 1800s. This has spice and interest.

Publish
    After you have gone through the process, you will now make your final draft for publication. Publication can mean just to turn it in, or submit it to a magazine or publisher. Since I am unsure where you need help, this is a start. Make sure everything is perfect!

Contact me if you need more help. I would love to help. BTW earlier this year I worked with a student that had a 35 average. When he finished he had a 95. You can do this too. This is a 200% increase in his scores. Good Luck!

Craig

#2 crickett, Aug 6, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  3. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Thank u so much :slight_smile: I forgot how to write a thesis essay and last time I took the placement test .i landed all remedial classes :frowning2: ugh !!! I'm smarter than being remdoal classes and despite my learning disability ! And I have difficulty with planning ,revisiting ,how to start it and make it great down to the conclusion great !

#3 Unsurevirgin, Aug 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2013