1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay guys

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dustin Broke, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

I always did wonder about this but does most straight people today accept gay people and only some don't accept them? I just know today people are more accepting than the old days but just wanted to know if today most are ok with gay guys.

I assumed most are ok with gay people and I do have a gay pride bumper sticker on back of my car and I assume I will be ok right? It has a rainbow and says gay pride on it. It's a nice size sticker.

2. InsanityIsAwake

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The percent that accept and those that don't are pretty even, at least in the US. I assume if looked at it from a whole world..Probably, 30% okay and 70% not okay. Just assuming since like 10 countries out of like...a lot, have legalized marriage equality.
    It would depend on where you are.

3. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

I live in Omaha, NE but do people there mostly accept gay people? Does anyone would do anything to a car that has a gay pride sticker or no one care and wont bother? I had this sticker for 3 years so far but I don't know if it's really actually safe enough to do this in Omaha.

4. InsanityIsAwake

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really know..It's close to Iowa, and they legalized marriage equality I think. So you should be mostly okay, then again it's close by Kansas and Missouri which can be kinda homophobic. It's like a 50/50 chance .

5. FreeFlow9917

Yes, just looked it up, looks like they had a gay pride parade. You should be good

6. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

There is one thing I did wonder what this is actually but recently someone put a sticker saying friends of coal but does anyone know what that even is?? Is it possible maybe a little kid put that on my car by mistake or the wind blow the sticker and got stuck to my car? I just never in my life heard of friends of coal mean? Is that the coal company that makes coal?

---------- Post added 6th Aug 2013 at 11:00 PM ----------

Does anyone now what this stick was or maybe the wind blew and got stuck well to my car? I think that's what could of happened since I never seen this sticker.

7. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    'Friends of coal' sounds to like a group that supports coal - the stuff they use for running generators at power plants LOL

Mighta been someone who supports coal-power just going along and sticking those on cars.
    Does your town have any coal-fired power/electric-generation?

8. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Something like this?

Attached Files:

• FOC.gif
      FOC.gif
      File size:
      2.6 KB
      Views:
  9. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

YES yes that's it what is that???? I never seen it before. I thought maybe the wind actually blew it and it got stuck on my car. I had to pull it off though and it came out easily.

10. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I simply searched images.google.com for "friends of coal" and it was in the 1st results

Looks like its a group (but in West Virginia) that's basically what I was thinking - supporters of coal-energy ... there's a website www.friendsofcoal.org

11. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

But why was it on my car? LOL did the wind blew it and got stuck or do you think someone really seriously put that on my car? Or was it a kid who did it? All I know is other cars didn't have that sticker only mine did at that time.

---------- Post added 7th Aug 2013 at 12:32 AM ----------

I was at a parking lot by a store called Gamers and there were other cars parked there but I was the only one that had that sticker.

12. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have no problem with any LGBTQ person. But I know that my previous boss has an issue with lesbians. She told me once, "I don't have any problems with gay men but when it comes to women...gross" So I guess she's closed-minded and a little homophobic

My parents and sister definitely don't accept or support any LGBTQ-related people or situations, not sure of the rest of my family, though we suspect my cousin (female) is dating a lesbian family friend. Nobody seems to mind, at least not openly

Most of my friends are accepting and supportive of the LGBTQ community too

13. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

I can say the Friends of Coal sticker was on the far right side of the trunk and I have my Gay Pride sticker in the middle. Also that Coal sticker was not even straighten out so that's why I thought maybe the wind blew and got stuck but it was sure stuck well to my car. Meaning the whole sticker was really stuck to my car but I was able to pull it off without problem but just wonder how did they sticker got there and other cars didn't have it so I just would only think the wind probley did it. Kinda strange though since the sticker was completely put on my car and not like half stuck and half in the air.

#13 Dustin Broke, Aug 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2013
  14. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

So does anyone have an idea how it got stuck on my car? Or what do you think happened?

15. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Always could be the wind, but it easily could have been someone who just targeted a random car (is your car anything really fancy, or pretty much just an "average car")

If you really want, you could always see if the store has (and would let you see) security-camera footage of the parking lot

16. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

No my car is a normal old GEO Prizm LSI 1994. Also it has some damage on the door so it's nothing fancy at all. So I don't know why someone would put that on my car if they did.

---------- Post added 8th Aug 2013 at 02:04 AM ----------

Well it's a Red car but I don't think just because it's red someone would do it would they? If so won't they do this to all red cars?

---------- Post added 8th Aug 2013 at 02:05 AM ----------

No my car is a normal old GEO Prizm LSI 1994. Also it has some damage on the door so it's nothing fancy at all. So I don't know why someone would put that on my car if they did.

Well it's a old red GEO Prizm LSI 94 car but I don't think just because it's red someone would do it would they? If so won't they do this to all red cars?

---------- Post added 8th Aug 2013 at 02:06 AM ----------

Ahh it messed up I was trying to edit and it didn't let me.

---------- Post added 8th Aug 2013 at 02:07 AM ----------

How do you edit posts you made?

17. Sarcastic Luck

Or, you know. Someone just slapped the sticker on there because they wanted to.

18. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

Ya but why was it my car and not others?? There were many others that were better cars than mine you know. What was special about my car? To me it's a junk old car since it's only worth $1,300 if had no damage but since it has a lot it's only worth around $300.

19. Sarcastic Luck

Because...They wanted to? It was most likely a random thing. Nothing to be fussed about.