1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating older women?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MerBear, Aug 7, 2013.

1. MerBear

Okay so i'm 17, going on 18 this april (so far away *sigh*) and I'm starting to think....maybe I should date older women. I never put thought into it because I felt I would be crossing the border so to speak and it was just too risky but i kind of want to because girls my age are just not working out.

What are your thoughts on dating people older than you? should there be a limit?

2. Night

Night Guest

I think as long as you're comfortable with the age difference, nobody can tell you otherwise.

Of course you have to take into account where you both stand in your lives - if you're 18 and just starting college but your girlfriend is 32 with an established career, you're going to have very different lives and trying to mesh them might become a bit messy.

I only date older, but I also have a limit of 5-6 years older because I don't feel as though we'll be too different in terms of where we are in our lives.

3. MerBear

I mean, The highest i will go right now is 19 haha

4. Lindsey23

19? Okay that is funny. I had the impression from your title that you wanted to date much older women.

Honestly though I wouldn't date anyone older than you until you turn 18. For legal reasons. You don't want to get someone in trouble for dating a minor. I'm not against a 17 year old dating a 19 year old. It's not a huge age difference. But there is still a lot of discrimination against gays and someone who wouldn't have a problem with a 17 & 19 year old heterosexual couple could have a problem with it in a gay relationship. I mean, they might just latch on to that to make trouble for you. And you don't need that.

I agree with Night that a 5-6 year age difference is fine. But wait until you're 18.

5. MerBear

(sigh) ....damn.

It's soo far away though.

what if it's a girl, i really like??

6. Night

Night Guest

Then go for it. If she's only a year or two older than you I can't imagine it being a problem.

7. MerBear

well I don't like anyone older than me right now, I was just putting a scenario out there.
    Legally...i dont see how i can get caught to be honest

8. Night

Night Guest

What state are you from, if you don't mind me asking? You can always look up laws regarding stuff like that... I believe there's some sort of difference in law if you're within a certain amount of years with each other. I highly highly doubt that if you wanted to date a 19 year old that either of you would be in any sort of trouble.

9. MerBear

Im in North Carolina

10. Night

Night Guest

Wham bam. So any legal stuff is null and void with potentially dating an older woman.

11. MerBear

the 2nd one....really??? what is up with our laws?

12. CuriousBunny

Yeah, our state is pretty screwed up some times. What about males? Or anal/oral intercourse?

13. MerBear

hmm, i have no clue.

I just can't believe that. to considered a minor you have to be under 13 and yet you have to be 21 to drink??? the fuck?