1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ugh. Stereotypes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MerBear, Aug 7, 2013.

1. MerBear

Me and my dad got into it. He was like "your going to wear makeup in your senior picture"
    and I said "No, i'm not. I never wear makeup"

and he was like
    "you think, it's a gay thing. Just get a plaid shirt and cut the sleeves off and call yourself a butch"

and then he said something about "oh yeah, My wife wears makeup but I don't!"

and he said it in a deep voice...like a deep manly voice.

2. FreeFlow9917

Ooooooh, that sucks, i'm still in the closet, but i never used them that much. I mean being lgbt doesn't mean being a stereotype

3. MerBear

I know, he thinks just because you don't wear makeup ...then that makes you lesbian

4. FreeFlow9917

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk why does he look to stereotypes for a gateway to emotionally hurt you, i'm guessing he accepts you, don't worry don't let every little thing your dad says really get to you, use poetry or music as a way to filter rage. Uhhhhh, one time i told a kid to take a flannel shirt off, he told me i was gay and i have an allergy to nickel and i play in band so i was made fun of

5. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Obviously the man has never heard about lipstick lesbians. :wink:

Used to get that shit all the time from my parents before I briefly became a lipstick lesbian. Now that I'm kind of going for more of a baby butch/closeted somewhat femme transguy look, keep getting the "don't you DARE be butch" thing.

Parents. -_-

6. MerBear

I will.
    and i'm sorry :/

see, I don't know why but he keeps making fun of me for not wearing make up.

he keeps saying i would look more attractive if i wore makeup and ...its like was i really that ugly?

7. FreeFlow9917

Hey dont worry MerBear, if you need to chat, feel free to speak to me ANYTIME Girl. I mean if you are you thats fine, a lot of girls look better without makeup and don't need clown powder. I keep listening to MGK and i hear these lyrics from Tears in the Rain "We are who we say we are until conformity hits us." Don't let others' judgment cloud how you perceive true personality. And the things that happened to me happened in the seventh grade i'm under and over it.

---------- Post added 7th Aug 2013 at 09:32 PM ----------

He's probably still in a little bit of denial of who you are, he'll lighten up, he probably truely loves you and is scared for you as you progress later in life.

The reason probably is used is father problems, divorce, and other shit. I know divorce and i know daddy problems

8. MerBear

yeah. I mean, I dont know. he's always done this. made fun of me for not wearing makeup. for not dressing girly enough and all this other shit. he wants me to be like my sister. Straight and Smart.

well, he better get over it because I'm a huge bell curve

9. FreeFlow9917

Hey your unique in your way. I have autistic abiliies and mild asperers and it's hard for people to understand me. Why be like your sis, your a very versatile person with many talents. Just be you, tune out negativity and keep on the positive

10. letzdance109

letzdance109 Guest

Oh stereotypes, aren't they just great? Ugh, we all hate them, we all want them to go away, we all get judged by them in one way or another, and we're stuck with them. Merbear, even though we are subjected to stereotypes (even by those we love, trust me, my cousin always goes on this rant about how all gay guys are "weak as hell," and each time I really wanna smack him upside the head), but you wanna know the best thing about this? We don't have to care! Haha, you do you girl, because the only one who has the power to make you feel bad about who you are, is you! People can say whatever they want, but only your own perception of those words can hurt you (see my quote? haha yeah xD ). Your dad wants you to be like your sis? Well too bad, because he has a fabulous lady instead, and you should never feel put down by what anyone (including him) has to say. You do you, and you own the shit out of that! Stay optimistic and positive, and just holler if you need to talk :grin:

11. Callie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    He has obviously never had an itching eye while wearing mascara.

12. Islander

Don't listen to him. This is a free world and it's obviously not compulsory for girls to wear makeup. Plus, often those who don't wear makeup can seem less fake and therefore more attractive. I'm not saying that everyone who wears makeup is fake, but I often get along better with those who wear little or no makeup than with those who cake their faces with it :slight_smile:

13. Stripe101

I know it's strange, but now that I think about it, every gay man I've ever met (aside from EC) has been a stereotype. I don't know how that's possible.

14. MerBear

15. Wildwings

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Stereotypes suck I do not meet hardly any of the gay stereotypes people perceive, people never know I am gay. I don't act straight either I just act like myself I was once told by a few people that hardly any black people are gay I guess this stereotype makes my sexuality less obvious. I don't know why some people think that all gays act the same or that you can't be gay because of looks etc it is a bit ridiculous and ignorant.

16. I loathe stereotypes! My parents act that way about certain things, thinking that most gay guys act 'fabulous', and I constantly argue with them about it. It really annoys me.

17. robotman

Yeah some people/parents find it difficult if you don't belong in a stereotype. When I told my mum I was gay she said "but you don't act gay, you don't do gay things"... all I said was "being gay doesn't mean you have to act a certain way". Stereotypes are just things people use to generalize, some people just find it easier that way, even if they are wrong.

18. Stripe101

Well, two worked at salons, they both were very effeminate and had lisps. And another one I know is extremely flamboyant... I don't think I've met any lesbian stereotypes.

19. djone12

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    i hate stareotypes i dont fit any of them im tall strong where hunting colers alot the only gayish shert i have is a pink fender guitar brand 1 and that is becas i love the brand iv came out to 2 peaple 1 byy text and other in perrson at a cherch confrens and both wher shoked and know i get asked stareotype questons all the time

20. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't wear make up and I am, but my female friends who are straight don't wear make up either...