1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Militant Homosexual"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beware Of You, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

I have just been called a Militant Homosexual for standing up for myself when someone claimed that "Russia has the right to banish homosexuals"

2. Gen

Gen

Well, I would consider that to be Militant. Standing up for oneself isn't combative or aggressive. Assertive or vocal, maybe.

3. Stripe101

That's okay. Dumb people often don't understand the use of words. Someone told me that Atheists are bigots.

4. FreeFlow9917

I tried looking it up, it means either not being afraid of being a homosexual or a gay person who is against a straight person in power

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's OK, Primo Levi a chemist and writer claimed himself to be a "militant" chemist, which means simply that you are passionate about what you do and who you are.

I presume the comment was meant to offend, but I would turn it around and strongly agree with the person who told you this, and say: "I presume by "militant" you mean that I am passionate about this issue"...kind of thing...

6. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well the thing is they arent banishing homosexuals. They're allowing them to be publicly beaten, abused, murdered, imprisoned, etc. But no banishment. They'd be a lot better off getting banished from a country that allows that.

7. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    militant queers unite & take over.

8. LinkLarkin

If that's what being a militant homosexual entails, then I'm proud to call myself one.

9. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah. I'm with Link. Militant queer trans* guy. If militant means standing up for beliefs and taking no shit, sign me up. :grin:

10. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love it when people try and attack you with insults and what they say is actually true, and the definition is on YOUR side.

Joke's on them :lol:

11. Beware Of You

I guess I am a militant homosexual then, I am not afraid of being homosexual, in fact I love it

12. Amerigo

:eusa_clap :newcolor:

13. KhanSaheb

Good for you! The word needs more militant homosexuals.

[​IMG]

14. AAASAS

Militant means you are willing to harm or kill someone for your beliefs.

Is this true of you.

Examples of Militants in real life, Al Qaeda, I.R.A, Macedonian Liberation Front, FLQ, Somali Pirates.

There are actual good examples of militants but I can't think of any right now. Since most people hear the word Militant on the news only, and they are usually talking about either a terrorist organization, or a disgruntled muslim group people tend to think of it as a negative.

The American's colonists that bit the hand that fed them in order to avoid paying taxes is another group.

If I was bigger I would beat the living shit out of some homophobes so I am sure I would be a militant in the violent sense. I really fear the day that I am proud enough to stand up to someone that says something negative about me being gay; because I have about 10 years of rage pent up inside me ready to be unleashed on an unsuspecting victim. Not saying I am going to "kill" someone, but I really am afraid of getting assault charges.

Someone saying something homophobic makes me so mad, and just overall full of hormones that I cannot control myself. This is an example of a militant, I really am willing to get hurt or hurt someone over my sexuality. The amount of heart pains and chest pains, and body pains I have experienced from being depressed over societies views on homosexuality is enormous when compared to a little knock. Homophobes have caused my heart to pump faster, blood pressure to rise, and brain to stop functioning clearly. The thought of making a bigot pay for their bad deeds makes me very happy. Again I know I sound nuts, but I am trying to explain to you the actual mind set of someone in the position you are describing. Being hurt or harmed is nothing when compared to the satisfaction I would get from harming a homophobe. I know violence isn't the answer, but to me it would be, it would make everything so much better, I wouldn't feel helpless. If I can't change someones views on me I can hurt them to make them shut up, and that is worth it, they can continue to think the same, but if I made them think twice about making a comment that torments the souls of so many millions of human beings I wouldn't give TWO SHITS. This is militant thinking, violence is a means of getting what you want to them.

I also think if a homophobe feels pain, like I have for so many years, that a lot of my rage will be gone. One person just needs to be my punching bag for a couple minutes and I'd be all good.

#14 AAASAS, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  15. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm an armed homosexual...and that makes a lot of people very afraid. :slight_smile:

Lex

16. LinkLarkin

:roflmao:

17. Wells

Wells Guest

What,does militant mean. If its rude then fuck 'em (not literally lol)

18. Beware Of You

I go shooting at college, so I am as armed as is legal under Irish law

19. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Show them videos of gays and lesbians in Russia being beaten up by the Russian military...as they gaze at the screen in disbelief, SLAP them really really hard and scream 'WAKE UP TO YOURSELF.'

20. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, it's usually the homophobes who are militant. Especially given that Russia's police and armed forces are beating gay people to death. That's militant, but he obviously doesn't understand the word.

And until I hear of straight-bashing, I will never agree to the validiy of the term 'militant homosexual'.