1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Procrastination

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aussie792, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    PROCRASTINATION - The Musical - YouTube

This is possibly the best song in the history of ever. :lol:

So, how do you procrastinate? I tend to over-organise everything, and go on the internet. I sometimes study something I don't need to study, to avoid studying something I should study. :grin:

2. Hiems

I am guilty of doing this. For instance, despite doing well in organic chemistry, I tend to study for it before studying for dreadful courses, such as microbiology, even when the micro exam is sooner than the orgo one.

Because I tend to absorb information in organic chemistry more quickly, studying it first makes me feel better about myself. Microbiology is high-volume rote memorization, which is so time consuming and frustrating to handle. That's why I put it off to the side often. I call this habit semi-procrastination, as I'm still being productive but not keeping my priorities straight.

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am the king of procrastination and good intentions, yeah, I love those little useless but time-consuming activities that do nothing to advance my cause...

4. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just saying, I'm gonna read the OP later tomorrow sometime in the late whatever.

:slight_smile:

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll roll on the floor laughing my ass off...but not right now...

6. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Does anyone remember on the Amanda Show the superhero Procrastinator or whatever? "I'll do it... EVENTUALLY!"

Hmmm my age is showing...

7. FreeFlow9917

Im the universal emperor of procrastination, when i do homework i blow it off until the next day, and i will wait last minute to do something

8. Hefiel

Not sure if this image will work:
    [​IMG]

9. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What's the opposite of procrastinating?

Whatever it is, that is me. Especially when at work, I do what has to be done as soon as it crops up. Deal with it now and more free time later :wink:

10. Sal

Sal Guest

School is starting in a couple weeks and I've yet to do all my summer homework. Every time I go online to work on it I either: check my emails, which leads to me visiting various websites; Google something that randomly pops into my head, or fall asleep while the PC is loading. I'm surprised I made it this far in school with my procrastinating.

11. George

Oh yes I too have this problem. In some ways it has gotten better over the years by forcing myself to stick to specific schedules. However, I've also noticed it get worse since I got a smartphone. In the past if I was in a quiet place without internet access I was unlikely to get distracted. These days I find myself too tempted to pull out my phone and begin browsing the internet. Of course having portable internet is a huge time-saver too... so maybe the two effects cancel out (but probably not :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

12. Stripe101

AVbyte always makes good songs.

13. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    YES!! I have seen this

Oh and the question I do tend to..oh YouTube...*leaves*:grin:

14. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree that this is the only strategy that has worked for me whenever I really, really needed to do something, "do it now" is a good motto because it forces you to plan the little preliminary, often physical (getting that book, paper, pen, computer, etc.), steps necessary to get the thing done.

It just doesn't come naturally to me...

15. Just Jess

My favorite poison is Tetris. I could literally do that all weekend. I like racing games and, something you don't see as much of any more, dogfighting games like Wings over the Pacific or Robotech: Battlecry. And Zelda, the only ones I haven't played yet are 4 Swords, Minish Cap, Twilight Princess, and I guess the 3Di games if they count. I used to be into RPGs before they became either just a string of random encounters or subscription based MMORPGs. Although I so so so bad want either a PS3 or an Xbox so I can play Mass Effect. Is it out on PC yet? Usually though I need more arcade paced involved games. I don't like watching cutscenes or waiting for my turn, or pushing a button and having my avatar do 30 things.

You know though as far as procrastinating in general I really think I get more done when there's a balance. I mean ten will rested minutes really focusing and even liking what I'm doing, I'll get more done than if I'm spending 4 hours working really hard most of the time. Most things worth doing are more planning than they are acting.

Also I'm typing this after midnight and I just spent 4 hours on facebook games :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: