1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

very odd quote/dream- "As rome falls, we are One."

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by crimsonarcher, May 13, 2008.

1. crimsonarcher

(sorry Tokarov! i had to ask!)

Ok, the weirdest thing happened last night- I dreamt that Tokarov sent me a poem through an online message (think it was on myspace), and it was very, very, very long! Oddly, i only remember the last line of the poem: "As rome falls, we are one." What?

What does it mean?

What was the rest of the mysterious poem?

Why am I freaking out about this?

I can't get over this- this is more than a coincidence, I'm sure of it. I want to know what It is, but I'm also afraid, because it might foreshadow something, ugh, i don't know! I aksed Tokarov, and he has no clue...so who does?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

2. Rette

Dinosaur comics sums up my feelings on this nicely.

[​IMG]

It's just a dream. Don't put too much thought into it. Dreams don't mean anything. It's not more than a coincidence, it's your brain firing off randomly in the night.

3. Fenix

Yeah, just a dream.

I've got a lot of "significant" dreams that have never actually done anything.

Like someone once told me in a dream to remember the number 72531... that was when I was six. I've remembered it ever since then, but it so far means *nothing* XD

4. Paralyzer

The Roman Empire has been compared to American history to its origin to its probable downfall.
    As Rome falls, America's current values drastically change. America is already going through a proposed recesion and so it is sometimes associated as going through a downfall.

Perhaps when America is finally trying to pick up the pieces of it's fallen empire, America will come together in a way that hasn't been experienced since perhaps 9/11 or past wars. Our segregation may be broken by our willingness to cooperate with eachother and (perhaps) free love will be embraced. Or perhaps we will all suffer and experience as one, the pain that comes with a fallen nation since pain is universal, unlike beliefs.

"we are one" could mean anything from relationships to collective equality

But I am no dream analyst (and a very bad speller.. :frowning2: ) and I am no historian. I base this explination based on what I feel is happening in current events.

5. InaRut

CrimsonARCHER is the new PROFIT! Head to his words and he shall bring us to SALLLVAATIOONN!!!11One

*Runs to CrimsonArcher's house and starts building a shrine*

6. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    awww thats colddd.....

7. crimsonarcher

wow, didn't see it that way!

8. crimsonarcher

It might be just a dream...but i feel that there's something more to them, you know?
    Don't know if it means anything in particular, but yeah. I feel that there's something behind it. It's not gonna be my major focus, for sure, but i'll look into it once in a while.

9. otc877

otc877 Guest

A previous English teacher of mine always said that if you're stuck on analyzing something, assume the author is criticizing society. With that logic in mind, lets compare Rome to society.

Rome = Society

It's often been said, that the reason we fall is to get back up. To learn from our mistakes and to put them behind us. The metaphoric falling, or mistake is homophobia and general discrimination.

Falls = learn from its mistakes

"we" is a bit ambiguous, and can be interpreted in a few ways. "we" being you and Takarov (I have no clue about the status of you two, assuming romantic) or "we" being the people as a whole, society yet again. So,

we = Takarov/crimsonarcher or Society as a whole (we the people)

One has a somewhat straightforward interpretation: togetherness, unity, synchronization. People living in harmony with one another.

Putting all the interpretations together, my rendition is somewhat jumbled, but
    "As society learns from its mistakes (homophobia), we (takarov/chrimsonarcher or society as a whole) are truly unified."

Basically, something horrible has to happen before change is put into action. Classic example: dangerous intersection that needs a traffic light wont get one until there are fatal accidents there.

I don't really know how timely this is though, as it is it seems as though society is getting better in terms of homophobia and discrimination, so maybe we're just now getting back up from our trips.

I hope this made some sense, probably me more than you :slight_smile:, but that's just my interpretation of your dream quote.

10. Jerr

It means you are afraid of sex.

I promise.

Go to some psycho-analyzer person... no matter what... it means you are afraid of sex in some way...

What do you do? Go out and get laid then you feel your problems are gone. lol

My psych teacher was amazing.

11. Rette

You can "analyze" this dream to mean whatever you want, but you're ignoring the most likely solution; it doesn't me a damned thing. Observe:

One of the contributing factors to the fall of the Roman Empire was the barbaric tribes to it's north constantly resisting the roman efforts. They were wild, animalistic people, whereas the Romans were civilized. As your inner civilization (your conformity with society) begins to crumble with a self-realization of your sexuality, you naturally begin to wish for a same-sex mate. This, of course, does not mesh with the christian societal values, and as such, your "roman empire" is seen as crumbling to barbarism. As such, the dream is simply a metaphor for your desire to enter into a relationship with Tokarov.

See that? That's dream analysis. It means nothing and you can't be wrong. You can drown yourself in metaphors and allegory and reach whatever conclusion you want. Don't put too much thought or worry into a dream.

12. crimsonarcher

i like it!
    thanks!

13. biisme

i want a prophetic dream

*looks around for one*

14. Secret books 25

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    well, i've got a dream interpretation book, and if u read something in ur dreams i means that u have a high level of intelegence, and the line... it's probably just some strange line that might have been said. many lines include rome, every road leads to rome. and the all time favorite, what happends in rome, stays in rome lol
    just kidding u can say taht for any place in the world :lol:

good luck
    ciao

15. Beebo

my analysis:

when everything goes to the shits, we are all equally in the shits together.