1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ex-gays or ex-lesbians

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by total mo, May 14, 2008.

1. total mo

total mo Guest

What's your take on them? Let's discuss. :smilewave

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In denial. You can decide not to live a homosexual lifestyle, but you can't change your sexuality.

3. total mo

total mo Guest

So true, I feel sorry for them hiding their true identity. I notice they're also the ones who usually gets in an awkward situation when having gay moments.

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Some of them eventually get caught in gay bars. :roflmao:

5. theaterfreak

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    i read some people who went through the "Exodus" program ended up commiting suicide. and if anybody's ever seen but i'm a cheerleader, she just became more cemented in who she was.
    i don't think people shouldn't feel guilty about who they are. but i know some people do at least at first when they are trying to be honest with themselves.

6. JSG

JSG Guest

I have a video called "Curing Homosexuality" it's pretty funny :icon_bigg

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish I could believe them. I know a lot of people really hate the idea of being gay, and would love nothing more than to change their orientation. And for them, I wish they could. (Not me - I'm happy being gay.)

But I look at the "ex-gay" organizations the same way I look at the "add three inches to your penis" companies. They're hucksters. They see a major insecurity, and they see a chance to make some coin. They announce that they hold the secret to solving their biggest worry, take their money, do their "a la peanut butter sandwiches" thing, and announce them "cured". And if the guy still has gay feelings, then it's obviously HIS fault, since the group did all THEY could do - the guy just isn't interested in curing himself enough, or doesn't have enough faith in God, or what have you.

Pathetic. But there are people who would rather believe that God can cure them of homosexuality, than face the truth that they're gay, and will have to live like that the rest of their life.

Lex

8. Hugo Boss

Hilarious - I just LOL at them - sometimes I beat them up too

Has anyone seen will and grace one where Jack McFarld manages to convince an ex gay to become gay???

9. Connor

Connor Guest

Excuse me?

10. Ty

Ty Guest

wat

11. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ ^^ What they said.

Lex

12. Beebo

well... this is the way I see it (and I could be totally wrong). I think that everyone in the world is on a scale of sexual orientation

Max GAY 1 -- 2 -- 3 -- 4 -- 5 -- 6 -- 7 -- 8 -- 9 -- 10 Max STRAIGHT

I read this kind of thing in a huge medical study a while back. Most people are Bisexual, most people choose to be straight because it is socially acceptable, most people choose to block out homosexual thoughts because they arent comfortable with them.

However, blocking a thought, or feeling does not change where you land on the sexuality spectrum. If you are a 2, you cant change that.

Now, there are many people who are... lets say some 3s or 4s on the spectrum, have been led to believe that homosexuality is wrong, and they (the thoughts) are just sinful, lustful desires in ones head. And so, like any good christian would do, they try to eliminate these thoughts. (even though the thoughts are no less sinful than thoughts of using your left hand).

Since the 3s and 4s still have some, albeit small, attraction to the opposite sex, they might just end up living great lives with a partner of the opposite sex even though they are naturally more attracted to the same sex.

Religious leaders use the fact that people change their lifestyle from gay to straight as proof that homosexuality is a choice, which is obviously is an argument full of flaws. The only thing that that proves is that a lot more people than we actually think are straight, are indeed Bisexual.

Sexual lifestyle is a choice (choosing the straight or gay life) that is highly affected by your unchangeable, undeniable natural sexuality, your spiritual beliefs, and the beliefs of your families and friends.

So what I am saying, is most of the world is Bisexual. LMAO.

I wish I could link the article, it was really funny and good, my philosophy teacher showed us, and everyone was panicking because the article meant that they were a little bit bi themselves LMAO.

#12 Beebo, May 14, 2008
    Last edited: May 14, 2008
  13. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This pretty much sums up my stance, though I'm still iffy on the phrase "homosexual lifestyle". Still, most ex-gay programs I hear about end up turning people to depression, suicide, or deep denial. Some of them even advertise to the parents; "Donate to us and we'll cure your gay son!". Shams, all of them.

14. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is no such thing as an "ex-gay" person. They're just in denial. Some of them might have never been gay to begin with, though.

15. Very true, i know someone people like this who Wish they were gay, but aren't and evenually come to accept that.

16. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    An old friend of mine really wanted to be bi, but tried to have sex with a girl (she is a girl) and didn't like it.

17. shyguy626

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it is true but thats wierd to claim loss of sexual want or feeling if i am making sense...
    i do believe that a person may and can go through a time period of unsure behavior but never have i heard of some declining there feeling in pursuit of being socially accepted. but i guess people do it all the time it happens all the time......

18. total mo

total mo Guest

Give me ze link to ze funny video, curing homosexuality. Why would you post it and not share it vith me?

19. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I didn't quite know how to word that. I meant that they can decide to live as a straight person, but they can't actually make themselves straight. Or something like that. It makes sense in my head.

20. pirateninja

I feel sorry for people who hate their sexuality so much that they would go through such horrible things as "reparative therapy" or any of the courses offered by organisations like Exodus.

Part of me wishes that I could believe in something like 'ex-gay', because it would make everything that these people went through 'worthwhile' and make them happy', for lack of better wording. But I don't, I don't think anyone can change their sexuality, and if I'm thankful for anything, I'm thankful that I'm not trying to deny what I am and actually seeking 'help' from those kind of places.