1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tattoos, any one like them?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lilgrack, Aug 10, 2013.

1. lilgrack

So what are your thoughts on tattoos and do you want any? I am asking because I know I love them and can't wait to get my first one that I have all planes out. So like what are your guys thoughts on them and how bad do they hurt and such? Also if you have them what type of things do you have and where do you have them and maybe why you got them? If you want them what do you want and where?

I know for me I want a simi colon on the fat under my collar bone with water color coming off of it in rainbow colors, I want it because of some stuff that cause me to almost kill my self as an esacpe but I was saved by myself finding a way around it. And the rainbow bit should be pretty easy to see why. Also I am not sure but I think I want the Dickens quote "it was the best of times, it was the worst of times. It was an age of wisdom, it was an age of foolishness." but I am not sure where yet, and why is because he is my all time favorite writer and that quote fits modern times quite a lot and me quite a lot.

2. Hexagon

I like tattoos. I want to get one on my wrist, an anarchist A, and a revolution fist on my left shoulder. I'm also going to tattoo over my surgery scars in a year or so once they've healed. I don't know what I'm going to do for them, but I'll figure something out.

3. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

Omg I love tattoos. ;3

4. Diego89

I don't like them on me but I wouldn't mind my partner or any other having one as long as they're not on the face. I've heard it can be painful depending on the location, but if it's something you really want then I suppose it's worth it.

5. biggayguy

I have two. One is my avatar, a flaming chess knight, because I love playing chess. The other one is a celtic cross on my upper arm. I'd like to get another one. Maybe "Frodo Lives!" in elvish script because I love LOTR.

6. Foxface

I have a few...All I can ever warn about is make it meaningful...something that symbolizes you

Foxface

7. Beware Of You

Yes, I have LGBT and band tattoos, saving up for some more. They are all meaningful to me

I have a pink equals symbol on my right wrist. A few anklebiters on my ankle and planning a rainbow flag on my leg, also thinking of a love heart on my other leg with a pair of mars symbols interlocked inside it.

8. FloatingPiano

I have one. It's the word "love" with a small heart next to it in my grandma's handwriting. It's on my chest, left side above my breast. She is my biggest supporter in my life and she literally is the reason I did not go through with suicide a few years ago.

I plan on getting more tattoos. I just have to have them all hidden because I'm planning on becoming a teacher. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I think I'm getting another one in september of a fish.

9. pancake111

my bff and I are planning on getting our first tattoos before the summer ends, although i doubt we'll get them before then. I'm going to get one that says im a diabetic. im excited!

10. person57

I love tattoos and I think they're sexy. When I'm older, I'm planning to get a few tattoos :slight_smile:

11. justjade

I want tattoos! :grin:

12. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The problem with Tattoos, is they sound like a good idea when you are young, but your not going to be young forever, imagine having a Swallow Tattooed on the side of your neck when you are 18, now imagine what that would look like on your neck when you are 72 enough said :slight_smile:

#12 Dublin Boy, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  13. person57

Omg you made a great point!

14. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Eh, we'll be ugly and wrinkled anyway at 72. :wink:

Thinking about getting something. Maybe something symbolic and shit for transition. Like a bird flying out of a cage. Dunno.

15. Northern

I would never get them, because I am not too fond and I could never pull it off. Would I date someone with them, I am not too sure.

I find it kind of a turn off for me.

16. lilgrack

I think by the time I am 72 I'll be lucky to be looking like anything but bad, and because I want to work in social service or something along those lines they will all be hidden. So by the time I am that age I shouldn't be showing off skin any way, so that isn't a problem. Also most people I know who are older and have tattoos love them even more with age because it's a map of their past, and shows all they have been through.

17. I don't want any on me, but maybe on my boyfriend, as long as it's not facial and it something tasteful and not too much.

18. Beware Of You

You just have to be careful about what you get, some older guys tattoos look great

19. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Some tattoos are attractive depending on the tat itself and where it's placed. I don't really care who has a tattoo or not, because it's not my business to determine what choices someone else makes regarding their body.

With that said, I'm definitely getting a tattoo or two in the future. I'm planning on my first one on my 18th birthday, and I was either going to decide between the structural formula for testosterone (which would be on my inner wrist or upper arm). Or the anti-possession tattoo a little bit above my hip.

20. HEREIAM2

HEREIAM2 Guest

I like them on me...not other guys lol...I only have one but thinking of another