1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I wish for friends in real life

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by twospiritlycan, Aug 11, 2013.

1. I'm feel a little sad about this. My friends aren't really here anymore in my hometown. The ones who are here all seem to be stuck up now.
    I traveled a bit for the past two years, and I might some really cool people. My new friends are all out of state, I only talk with them on facebook.

Simply put, Most of my hometown friends are gone or don't talk anymore; my out of state are well, out of state, but I can talk with them on facebook which is not like talking to them directly. I don't like that.

I'm also bitter and scared of people at home now. My social worker told me I have a so ial anxiety disorder that developed from my childhood and it's not becoming a problem for me.

So I feel down about my life and have no clue what to do.

2. letzdance109

letzdance109 Guest

I'm so sorry to hear about the friends to seem stuck up now, I've had plenty of friends who have done that to me before. Just try to remain optimistic and positive when it comes to them, either kill them with kindness or just let them know that they're being rude! Who knows, maybe they'll change, maybe not, and if not, then they aren't the right friends for you, and that's okay! You still have friends!

Have you ever thought about using skype or the video chat option on facebook? Most of my closest friends are now leaving to all parts of the country to start college, so I skype with them to get that more genuine feel! It may not be exactly like talking with them in person, but it is REAL close to it, and I think it will make you feel better! Try that out, and see how things work out, but nevertheless, try to stay positive! Maybe try making new friends around your town? Try pursuing your interest, and your bound to meet someone who shares those interests with you! I'm sure that you'll be able to make it through this, I believe in ya :grin:

3. Capsaicin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What about people in your hometown seems stuck up? Anxiety disorders can really alter the way you see the world. I mean obviously yes, but really - they do a lot that you might not even think of at first.

4. I'm sure things will work out. And maybe they're not all so stuck up? Maybe get to know them better or just wave and be friendly. Or don't take my advice because I have SAD too, so it might be awful. Good luck in either case:slight_smile: