1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets talk surgery tattoos

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hexagon, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Hexagon

Yeah, so I've been suffering from extreme indecision about what tattoo to stick on my chest. Many of you know that I just had top surgery, and once the scars have healed, I want to tattoo over them. Except, I have no idea what to put there. Its not going to be for ages, but I don't have anything better to think about right now. So, ideas anybody?

Also, if anyone else has tattooed over scars, or plans to, feel free to share.

2. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not an expert on tattoos, so can't really help there, but I just wanted to wish you congratulations on your surgery! Hope you're feeling awesome. :slight_smile:

3. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

4. justjade

Congrats on your surgery, man! :thumbsup:

Might I suggest something like what Lucas Silveira has on his chest? He has an owl spanning from one side to the other, and I think it looks pretty cool. But if you are into Legend of Zelda, then I say go with Littlememphis' suggestions. :slight_smile:

5. Sarcastic Luck

Me? I'd try and build up muscle. Barring that, probably get some sort of dragon or reptile.

6. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yes. Lucas Silveira is a sexy beast, this is a very good suggestion... *drools*. Ahem. But anyway, yeah. I think anything that spans across the chest works quite well, so you don't end up with the problem of two random tats to cover each scar. :wink:

7. justjade

You could also get a quote you like or a giant word or something, too. Just something that spans all the way across without looking out of place. Like, don't get a line of stuff, I guess. I dunno. I guess a sentence is a line of letters.....

8. ScatteredEarth

lol Why don't you just get a giant fist to place on your chest, just like your photo :3

9. Hexagon

Thats going on my shoulder. Its not going to be giant though.

10. ScatteredEarth

How about a sheep then? Sheeps are nice.

11. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I plan on getting most of my surgery scars covered up, mainly the hysto ones and I'll just tell everyone I'm a Time Lord if they see my chest ones.

12. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha, when I read the title I thought you were talking about an anatomical tattoo. That could be an idea though, a tattoo of pec muscles.

13. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Have you thought of maybe getting a tattoo resembling something like a tree, where the branches can stem over your chest scars? (That's something I'd probably do, and it'd look pretty neat.)

14. Hexagon

I'm afraid to say I'm not into zelda. Maybe if I can find the time.
    Hmm, that could work, though I might be more into a fire-breathing eagle, for reasons unknown to me.

Dragons are a possibility.

One day, Greg, one day I will kill you.

lol

That sounds... interesting. Unfortunately, I suspect it would be something I'd come to regret in the long term.

I like the idea of a tree.

15. PurpleCrab

I already have a really cool tribal on my chest and have had no surgery yet. It has a lot of meaning to me and will stretch nicely when I get my top surgery done.

To cover scars, a meaningful phrase along under the pecs would do nicely (my suggestion).

As for me, talking to talk like that, I like scars. I wouldn't try to hide mine. I'm proud of each of my scars because they show history of why I became me. I have two c-section scars on my lower stomach and they show my pride of being a dad, also all the hardship I went through to get there. I have stretch marks scars from growing up too fast, I also have stretch marks scars from building up faster than my skin can handle. I have little scars where all my piercings were, I have numerous tattoos, I have scars where animals bit and scratched me, I have operation scars, my.. I've really lived a lot!
    Lived a lot. That's what my scars say. I'll be glad to show off my news scars when it happens. No shame from being raised as a girl, no shame from having lived as a woman, that's just part of who I am now. And I'm even prouder to go ahead and transition, becoming who I'm supposed to be. That's what that scar will mean to me and that's better than any tattoo!

That's matter for thought. I wish you to find the right idea and to get it done superbly though.

16. Hexagon

Thanks. I like the idea of a phrase of some sort. For me, the motive behind covering up the scars is not shame, although I'll admit that I don't want to keep getting reminded that I'm trans when all I want to do is to move on with my life - the reason is because I'm stealth. I want to be able to swim topless without having to lie about the origins of my scars etc. And it also seems rather poetic to replace pain with art.