1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm staying

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KingdomKeyDK, Aug 12, 2013.

1. KingdomKeyDK

If many of you now know, I haven't changed it yet, but I am straight. It's a shocker I know, but I do believe God is real. I don't want to be the person everyone hates because I love God, I want to be able to help you all with your problems. You may also know that I was going to leave. After careful thought, maybe I was meant to go through this to realize I need to help you all out. I love you all and I'm staying.

2. BudderMC

Liking God and being LGBTQ* aren't mutually-exclusive options. You can do/be both.

Regardless, I'm glad to hear you're staying.

3. Wells

Wells Guest

Thanks dude :grin:. You're awesome!

4. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Happy that you're staying. And honestly, having straight people around is good. Validation from LGBT people is great and amazing and comes from a place of knowledge and wisdom that non-LGBT folk often can't provide, but validation from people outside it has a very important place. It's the outside we're trying to prove our humanity to and having some of you around is a great confidence boost for people, proving that there are those in the world that accept us.

And to second Budder's comment, the belief that one either believes in God or is LGBT is a lie spewed by extremists.

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know if you're straight or gay, only you do. You don't have to be straight just because you believe in god. If you're straight, congratulations. If you're gay, congratulations.

6. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    God and LGBT aren't mutually exclusive. I believe in God and I'm gay so...best of both worlds...I guess :grin: But whatever, I'm glad that you finally figured out who you are.

#6 Randy, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  7. ScatteredEarth

Whatever you choose is up to you. I'm glad to see that you're staying.

8. Hexagon

You don't have to be straight to be a christian. What has convinced you, finally, that you're straight?

9. KingdomKeyDK

When I said to myself I was bisexual I had a guilty feeling. Now I don't have that feeling. I have like a feeling of freedom.

10. Hexagon

So you were never attracted to guys? Because guilt can come from many sources, but not usually from unintentional deceit. I just don't really get how someone can be wrong about feeling sexual attraction.

11. KingdomKeyDK

I was pushed into something that I felt was the norm. And I forced myself to think and feel that way, but when I did, I felt guilt. You have to feel it to believe it, trust me.

12. ScatteredEarth

It just seems so vague to me. I can't put my finger on it.

13. Hexagon

The norm? Bisexuality can hardly be considered common. What I'm saying is, guilt can be caused by many things. Such as being taught that homosexuality is sinful. So its better to go by attraction. Have you never been attracted to men?

14. KingdomKeyDK

If I forced myself I think so yes. But now I dot force it. Like I was told when you stop feeling something it dies. When I stopped feeling it, I didn't feel my sexuality was like that anymore. I don't know how to explain it. It's so hard to explain something supernatural. Everyone knows that.

15. Hexagon

What triggered this particular revelation? Did you talk to someone about it?

16. BudderMC

"Were you sexually attracted to guys" is a rather yes-or-no answer...

17. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just for the record, only you can know what your sexual orientation is. I'm not saying you aren't straight, only that the sudden turnabout is something I've seen many times before in people who have a strong religious background, and it is almost never a reflection on their actual, authentic feelings, but instead, a deep desire to "fit in" with what their parents/friends/family tell them they should be.

Just for the record, the idea that "when you stop feeling something, it dies" is bullshit. I could have an accident with a chainsaw and have a huge gash in my leg, but pretending it doesn't hurt is bullshit, doesn't work, and will ultimately kill me. Pretending you don't feel attraction to guys when you do is exactly the same thing: it won't work (60 years of research and dozens of well-documented psych studies confirm this), and over time it will make you miserable.

As to the issue of feeling guilty about acknowleding bisexuality... anyone who is raised in a strongly conservative Christian, anti-gay family is going to have very strong feelings of guilt for acknowledging that they are gay or bisexual, even to themselves. And even more so, if their parents pressure and judge them for honestly expressing who they are.

One of the most difficult challenges bi and gay kids face is rejection by their own families, who are supposed to be there and love and support them no matter what. Unfortunately, bigoted Christian parents of LGBT children are incapable of understanding that being bisexual or gay is how God made their child. And they unintentionally end up causing severe, often permanent harm to their kids. (The incidence of teen suicide among LGBT teens with religious parents is about 3 times the overall incidence of teen suicide.)

So the question I'd encourage you to ask yourself is this: Where do your real attractions lie? Do you get aroused thinking about guys? Do you find yourself looking at hot guys when you're out at the mall, pool, beach, other public places? When you masturbate, are you fantasizing about guys or girls? If you can honestly answer that you have no sense of arousal when you see a hot guy, that all your fantasies when you masturbate are about girls, that your eyes don't wander toward guys when you aren't thinking about it... then you are straight.

But from what you've written before, I don't think that's the case. And if it isn't, and you're trying to convince yourself otherwise... you're in for a lifetime of misery, depression, and suppressing the feelings about who you truly are.

God made you perfectly. If you are attracted to guys, that is how God made you, and he did not make you and put you on this earth to spend your life suffering and hating yourself and being miserable.

Religion does many good things for society. But Christianity's view on gay people and gay sexuality is morally wrong (and, according to the latest Biblical research, not even an accurate interpretation of the Bible) and causes a lot of people a lot of misery.

You owe it to yourself and to God to be honest and authentic to who you are, not to some bigoted belief of your parents or anyone else.

If in fact you can read the above post and know in your heart that you have absolutely no attraction to men, then that's who you are. But I suspect that you're saying what your parents want to hear. ANd if that's the case, you owe it to yourself to be true to yourself and live your life fully and lovingly and the way God intended, which is how He created you... gay, straight, or bisexual.

18. KingdomKeyDK

This is the exact reaction I expected. I didn't mean to spark any debates. And I don't understand why. I don't get why people always want me to force them an answer. I could be fucking asexual for all I care.

19. ScatteredEarth

That was beautiful.(*hug*)

20. DanD

Apart from the obvious arrogance, I CANNOT understand how you can claim to simply 'turn off' a feeling? People kill themselves everyday because of how they feel from the effects on them of their lives.
    We are all made up of hormones/chemicals instilled either at birth, or more probable, before we were born. I'm one of those humans that, at this point in our time, do not believe there is a god out there.
    My parents are extremely religious with going to studies, meetings, knocking on doors and even promoting from car boot sales, but all they do away from that is argue with their offspring, try to make a profit from materialistic things, eat fish, bacon, wear clothing of more than one fabric etc etc and show absolutely zero interest in the interests and needs of the children they should love unconditionally.

I'm sorry, but I just wish that religion would fade away from everyone overnight. It only seems to exacerbate war and attempt to prove the unprovable. :bang: