1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you analyze your dreams?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ryanalexander61, Aug 12, 2013.

1. ryanalexander61

I had an interesting dream this weekend.

Friday night, I dreamt about a person who I had a close relationship with (one of those is he gays things) and whom I really care about. The dream centered around the idea that I some how figured out he had joined EC (the same forum I was apart of) and that in my dream I had the profound realization that he was gay because he was apart of this forum.

Last night I had a dream about the same person. This one was more bizarre. He had met a girl I knew from grade school (who he doesn't know) at like one of those fancy horse riding places. His mom introduced them, and apparently in my dream they had a kid together. I was totally crushed obviously. Very strange.

Does any one else try to make meaning out of their dreams? or is it pretty much just random thoughts of the brain not worth analyzing?

2. Fiddledeedee

The content of my dreams is just random thoughts. Sometimes I steer them on purpose by concentrating on a topic as I go to sleep, because they're a fun little world, if weird. The only time I can walk with the fictional characters I so love. However, if I feel strong negative emotion in a dream then I analyse that, because that emotion is there in my head and needs to be dealt with. (That's really only happened once, though (though that was terrifying).)

3. Wells

Wells Guest

Apparently they have meanings, but I am no expert. I just usually overlook them. If I remember them...

4. sugarcubeigloo

God, no. My dreams are weird. I once thought about keeping a dream journal, but then I figured I'd just really creep myself out.

5. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Normally, I try to analyze my dreams if I can remember them well enough after I wake.

But if you need/want an analysis of your dream, FoxFace (user here) does fine work!

6. Abbra

Not anymore. I used to be super into analyzing my dreams, but after awhile it took away all the fun of dreaming. Sometimes things are fine being unexplained.

7. timo

Last night I dreamt I got a €20.000 fine for trying to drive a car up a staircase, I think trying to analyze that would drive me crazy :lol: