1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EC, you've been awesome

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hexagon, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Hexagon

And will continue to be. This isn't a going away thread.

I just wanted to say that I'm so grateful for this community. I've had my share of problems, and I think I'd be worse off if I hadn't been here. At times, EC has been the only place I've been able to talk to people. I've been close to suicide sometimes, and I felt comfort from EC even when I didn't talk directly about my own problems, and when I did talk about them, you helped. And EC isn't somewhere I come just when I feel like shit either. I've made awesome friends here too. And I've met people going through the same stuff as me. I'm hardly perfect, but maybe I'm better than I would be if I were alone. And my troubles may never be completely over, but I hope they're on their way out, and I hope that I can provide to others some of what this community has given me.

No, this isn't going anywhere. Just wanted to say that. Anyway, weird post over. *feels self-conscious*.

EDIT: I also like the debates :slight_smile: Should have mentioned that.

#1 Hexagon, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  2. MerBear

You're awesome too :grin: *throws a ball and smiles*
    i LOVE THE POST

3. Kor

Kor

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    As someone who has just discovered EC, this post fills me with all sorts of hope.

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're awesome too, dude. When I saw the title, I thought this was another going away thread and I felt a bit sad for a moment since a lot of cool people left us this year.

5. leer

I just love this post I know your only 18 but you act more mature I noticed that life hasn't been easy maybe that's why you have grown up so fast.I do agree EC is a grate place where you can be yourself but also it has people like yourself who's honest , funny at times & always helpful your a credit to EC Hexagon :slight_smile:

6. Praetor

Don't feel awkward posting something like this! I made a similar post months ago. This community has been wonderful and I think has helped us all, in different ways.

7. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Love this post. :grin:

Joining EC was probably one of the best decisions I've ever made. First place I was ever seen as a man and able to have a place that would accept me for being transgender. Done a lot of good for many of us, this site has. One day, I hope to give back.

8. endear

I have not been on here long. But just really feel connected to all of you. I really appreciate the care and concern everyone shows for each other. This is a very accepting and encouraging group and I am proud to be a part of it. (&&&)

9. KhanSaheb

I'm still relatively new here, but I certainly second that emotion!

10. Abbra

I agree. I haven't been here for too long, but I'm very happy that I got to join and meet such awesome people. I don't think I'm going anywhere any time soon.

11. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great sentiment, Hexagon,

I don't know what it is that keeps me coming here day after day, but I know it's something good and necessary for me, and for others.

You must've been through a lot in the past couple of weeks, Hexagon, we wish you all the best in your new life!

12. BooksJeansTea

It is a great place! and you're definitely one of the people that makes this site great. :slight_smile:

13. josh9623

:eusa_snoo And I thought you were going to leave us.:dry:

But seriously, EC is a great resource. However it is only a good resource because of the good people who remain here to help others after they themselves have been helped. I have seen your posts and you seem to be very mature and helpful. I will second what leer said about difficulty making you grow up faster but I think that is something that happens to a lot of us on here (it's just where it leads you that matters:icon_bigg). Thank you for the previous and future help and support that you give and remember that you can still ask for help if you need it(*hug*).

14. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You had me scared there, Hex. I know how you feel, and I've been here in good times and bad too. You're one of the ones I love (because I understand the pain you've been through), there are a bunch that I'm friends with, and it just has this whole family feeling.

15. You are awesome too! And I have not been here for long, but I echo your sentiments!

16. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    Oh man! I was thinking you were leaving, my heart literally dropped.

*Relieved*

But, I agree with all of what you've said :slight_smile:

17. Gen

Gen

Oh, we have been haven't we. *Hair Flip*

But seriously, I do agree with what you said about the debates. They're annoying when some choose to turn them personal, but its important that we talk about important topics.

And even when I don't agree with Hexagon. I always admire his sharpness. ; )

18. RainbowMan

Thanks Hexagon! It means a lot to see threads like this :slight_smile:

EC has helped me a ton too :grin:

19. biggayguy

I love EC! It is great to give and receive advice here or just hangout. We may have disagreements but it still feels like family.

20. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The kind words mean a lot. And it also takes a lot of vulnerability to say what you said and talk about what's going on for you. That's a huge positive for your continued emotional growth and healing. :slight_smile:

You hit the nail on the head when you said that the community is what it is because of the contributions of all of our members. That includes you. :slight_smile: We're lucky to have you and others like you that make it such an inviting place.