1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feel like the only one

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by izzyblue1456, Aug 12, 2013.

1. izzyblue1456

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel like Im the only gay guy in Iowa. It also sucks cuz all my friends are starting to have relationships and I feel left out of everything now cuz all they wanna do is hangout with them. Really dumb.:bang:

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Iowa was one of the first states to allow same-sex marriage, so obviously there must be some gays for that to have been allowed/passed. What have you done to find other gay guys?

3. KhanSaheb

(*hug*)

This is one time I can say, "I know how you feel." UP until I was 19, I felt like I was the only person in the world who felt the feelings I had. I know this has already become cliche, but it does get better.

As to the "all they wanna do is hangout with them," thing... That's part of their growing up, as well as yours - whether you're gay or straight.

I have recently found it incredibly rewarding to find a social group on Craigslist. I searched in "strictly platonic" then M4M. I know it can be sketchy, but I almost instantly found some folks to whom I'm becoming quite close. If you're in a larger city, seek out GLBT community organizations and events. Doing volunteer work is a great way to meet new people.

Cheer up buddy.

4. Abbra

I'm the only lesbian in Idaho, so you aren't alone :lol:. It sucks when your friends start getting in relationships and start taking you for granted. Maybe talk to them about it? Try to remind them that you can't exactly be in a relationship, so you need friends to rely on.

Or, maybe try looking for more homosexuals? Depending on how populated of an area you live in, I'm sure you could find some kind of LGBT group for support.

5. Naren

They're all hiding from you guys, you're too hawt.

6. Elf Wynd

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let me check the registry... one moment....

.... one moment......

Ah, yes, Iowa, three entries:

Bishop, Alex J. | Wang, Jim (Jimmy) Hu| and Kutchenrider, Jefferson, E.

Any of these you?

Seriously, a lot of gay guys feel like they are the only one, especially in rural areas. We are everywhere, but like other brands of fae folk, we are well hidden. :wink:

7. Hrantou

This is so true. In high school, I was convinced that I was the only gay guy in my entire town. We had our own little group and after high school I found out that the 3 other guys in my group are actually gay. None of us just told each other.

We are everywhere. We just hide very well. :wink: