1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Today was my first day of high school

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by person57, Aug 12, 2013.

1. person57

Today was my first day of high school. All of my teachers just explained all of the rules and what we will be learning about throughout the year. I like the feeling of being in high school :slight_smile:

2. Hrantou

*hmph* Freshman.....

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

High School is fun! (*hug*)

3. Stripe101

High school starts in September for me. I have to say, I'm pretty nervous.

4. endear

That's great. I am sure you will continue to do well. Attitude is a big part of success and it sounds like you have a great attitude!:thumbsup:

5. Gen

Gen

Oh, I remember those feelings.

The thing to remember about high school is that for most of us, it so big. You don't need 400+ friends. Some people will love you. Some people will, hopefully not hate, but not connected with your personality. The biggest thing about high school, and later college, is to start recognizing how vast this world is. Once you realize that even if you are successful with one person, there will always be another possible friend or partner; there is nothing else to be afraid of.

My freshman year I was nervous as well, but over the year managed to make a ton of friends with various people in each one of my classes. I walked into Sophomore year confident as ever, and low and behold, I literally didn't know one person in any of my classes. I considered the idea of not having my best friend with me, but these students could have been from an entirely different school for all I knew. Even when I started high school I still had my best friend in most of my classes and many familiar faces.

Long story short, it was terrible for the first week, but I value the experience. It taught me to be able to be vocal, social, and friendly to everyone I met no matter where I went. So my advice is to try to speak to people with only the purpose of being social and friendly, rather than only picking out specific people to be open with, because they won't always be there.

6. Abbra

Good for you. With that attitude, I'm sure the next 4 years will be a breeze! :grin:

7. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    High school was so easy for me, and coming from this small, conservative charter school from kindergarten through 8th grade, they had everybody all worked up about this giant monstrosity of uncharted waters known as high school. Once I got there, it was actually the best 4 years of my life so far.

Now high school didn't do the same about college, but I'm still feeling the same way about college. I'm moving away for the first time, thankfully I'm living with someone I know intimately so that takes away from the whole "Living with someone you've never met before" thing, but college work is so much harder than high school. (takes deep breath)

"Get ahold of yourself, Gaytheist!"

Anyway, high school isn't that bad if you stay out of all the drama and be entertained by it. Being Dr. Phil, everybody brought that shit to me and used me as some sort of counselor. I found it amusing.

If you're in a big building, like I was, don't be afraid to ask where places are, and eventually, you'll know it by the back of your hand.

8. Glad to see you are enjoying it so far and entering into it with a good attitude. Freshman year was actually my favorite year! I hope you have a blast!

9. Naren

Welcome to the best four years of the rest of your life.

10. biggayguy

All I can say I work hard, play hard, and have fun! Don't worry about cliques too much. They're just people.

11. FreeFlow9917

The first year is the easiest, i start friday, congratulations on your first day, the first day is the easiest

12. Mariall

Fish! :wink: My school starts in 15 more days -_- It's super fun though! Try to bring your own lunches as often as you can, because school food.. is equivalent to flavored plastic.

13. swimmertriangle

I remember my first day of high school! It's not nearly as cool as they make it seem in the movies though. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. FucSoc

FucSoc Guest

love high school. :grin: I have the best time of my life there

15. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I homeschooled. Went to public school for the first half of my freshman year but still,
    I admit, I'm jealous. Bask in the smell of teen spirit. You are allowed to shoot me for making that reference.

16. ScatteredEarth

lol congrats. Our school started yesterday as well. But I don't go to a public school anymore. The first year is always the weirdest, but it gets easier.. And as for the food, it really depends on what you get.. Burgers are always nice :3

17. Data

Data Guest

HS was a cool change for me. After being in middle school with the same people in your class every single hour all day, it is refreshing to get up and switch rooms/people every hour. HS was also fun because they really start to let you off your leash. You get more and more freedom. Then you become a Senior and everyone pretty much lets you do your thing, as long as you do your work and don't screw around.

I am sure you'll make several friends and stick together as you learn what HS is all about.

Yay so fun! :slight_smile:

18. Sayu

Your school starts in the middle of August? Where are you from? :slight_smile:

19. AsIUsedToBe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It goes by fast!! I'm a Junior this year and I feel like I was a freshmas just yesterday. >.<

---------- Post added 13th Aug 2013 at 04:47 AM ----------

Freshman*
    I start school tomorrow.

20. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This thread is so cute.