1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being Gay is a Gift

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by person57, Aug 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. person57

For me, being gay is a gift. I love the Men that are :***: sexy. I love the fact that I'm different and unique. Being gay also made me more accepting and understanding. If I was straight, I don't know if I would support gays, though before I knew I was gay, I wasn't homophobic at all. But mostly, the sexy men is the best thing.

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you for this. I think it's good counterpoint to "being gay sucks," and other threads like it. It feels really good to be queer. I like it. It feels special and empowering. I like not having everything in life be completely easy. I like to know what it's like to struggle sometimes, that I have more empathy for others.

Also, people of many genders are sexy, and I want to be with them...

Ziester Adrian

3. Stripe101

4. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah, I dunno. I just really like being queer. Love the LGBT community. Life would be bland without being involved in it. And being transgender and bi has its challenges but overall, feel like I'd lose myself if I was, say, cismale and monosexual.

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to be ashamed and afraid, but now, I love being gay. It's awesome not having to worry about birth control, and being attracted to the gender I actually understand.

6. Night Rain

It's a far cry from being a gift. Do I like it? Yes (I'd probably like anything I am to be honest). But do I consider it a gift? Nope. To call it a gift is a bit arrogant.

7. Stripe101

Every party has a pooper that's why we invited you!

8. Night Rain

Why are you so upset? This is a forum last time I checked. Rather than having a productive discussion, you chose to attack me personally, which isn't very nice.:dry:

9. blueberrymuffin

Always nice to see a young person not only accept it, but embrace it. Got a good head on your shoulders.

10. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm still at this road where I'm not fully able to accept myself as queer. Sure, I love the hell out of the community even though there are some really shitty people in it; but I personally haven't gotten to the point where I fully love and accept myself. I'll get there one day though.

11. blueberrymuffin

That's not cool at all. This is a kid you're attacking just for expressing himself.

12. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Well, you can either embrace it or tolerate it. All for embracing it myself.

13. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is a gift, but not the kind that is expected to give us bliss from dawn to dusk, it's one of those "gifts" that is appreciated most often in hindsight...

It makes us different, no doubt about it, and it gives us community where being in a community is rare. Just this evening, I went to a peaceful vigil in front of the Russian consulate in support of our LGBT brothers and sisters who have to live under increasingly oppressive circumstances.

It isn't often people get to do that, or to feel solidarity with people we will never see or meet.

Our gift is that we represent in our own lives something beautiful and rare...Not a bad trade for the problems our gift comes wrapped with (batteries not included).

[​IMG]

#13 greatwhale, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  14. Night Rain

I don't disagree with what he says in his post. I just have a more realistic approach to it than him (and most people here). I didn't attack him or anything. After all he did say it was a gift FOR HIM. That wasn't meant as an attack.
    It's not a matter of embracing being gay or tolerating it. Being gay also have its disadvantages (which I don't need to list) so you can't completely disregard these. I'm just being realistic here and not looking at it through rose-tinted glasses. Being gay is only a mark of distinction. Whether I embrace it or tolerate it has nothing to do with what I said. And what gave you the impression that I didn't embrace it?

TL;DR: It's fine you you consider it a gift. I don't.

#14 Night Rain, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  15. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Seeing as you've made a very similar thread here, I'm closing this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.