1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shaving Downstairs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kresukun, Aug 13, 2013.

1. kresukun

Not sure which topic to put this under so don't scrutinize me please.

I want to shave the hair around my private parts but I am not sure what is the safest way to do this. I haven't done anything to 'that' area so there's quite a lot to remove.

What are people's advice on shaving those private parts? Other grooming advice would also be greatly appreciated.

Also thanks if you do reply to this subject, it does feel really embarrassing for me to talk about this.

2. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was too afraid of accidentally castrating myself to shave down there, and I don't care to look like I'm 10 years old. If you need guidance in shaving your pubic hair, Gillette is here to help. After all, they're the best a man can get.

[YOUTUBE]1TiJNewpCnY[/YOUTUBE]

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you can shave your face you can shave down there...just for the love of god make sure you don't use a cheap razor...especially if you're dealing with more hair than usual...

Trust me, the blades get out of shape real quick and you'll end up slicing skin off like you were trying to peel yourself! Check your blade often and you'll be fine!

4. Hefiel

I actually don't use shaving cream because I can't see where exactly I'm shaving when I'm shaving my pubic hair because of the foam. Same goes for the hair on my ass. I just use a wet razor and go with the grain first, and then against the grain (because I like it really smooth :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

If you're worried about shaving in general, you could always try to get used to shaving other areas first and when you're comfortable with your shaving skills, move on to shaving your pubic area. Personally, I don't think there's that big a difference between shaving my face and shaving my balls, besides the rather sexual position I put myself in to shave my balls. A small portable mirror helps a lot, and just make sure to stretch the area of your skin that you're about to shave so that the surface is easier and safer to shave.

Almost forgot (well I did forget, but I'm editing this while I can). If your pubic hair is pretty long, you might want to trim it first with an electric razor (or scissors if you're feeling brave), and then shave with a normal razor.

5. What I do is this: take some scissors first to give it a trim first. It just makes it easier and less painful by the time you get to the razor. Once your pubes are a bit shorter, then use a wet razor in the shower. It's not as hard as one may think.

6. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This...long hair = blunt razor.

Blunt razor + balls = pain!

7. KhanSaheb

FORGET SHAVING CREAM! Try using hair conditioner instead. This goes for anywhere you want to shave. You'll get the smoothest, cleanest shave you've ever had. And it's better for your skin than most shaving creams.

8. JoshuaLovely

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If you use electric clippers or a trimmer please be careful. The first time I used one I got too close to my scrotum. Found out that day that trimmers can draw blood : /

9. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One more tip is that if it's grown out, or if you're like me and have a forest down there, use an electric razor to trim it before you use a manual. Same goes if you're shaving your chest. I once tried to shave my chest, but I could only get it half-shaved. Why? I ran out of razors.

10. Jonathan

This pretty much sums up what I was going to say.
    Just be careful though lol.

11. leer

I have shaved down below before just to see what it was like it was alright . the down side to it is hair grows back and its Itchy as hell after a few times I found it allot easier to trim with my body trimmer .

12. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just use a hella lot after-shave balm when you're done, so it doesn't get all itchy and irritated. And when it's dried up apply some more. Until it stops itching.

13. ScatteredEarth

I just did it again last night.. After the 3rd or 4th time shaving it, I just slap some of that shaving gel on and go to town. It's worth it when it's smooth as a baby's skin :3

14. LiquidSwords

If you're shaving it then go with what's already been said, make sure it's short to begin with using a trimmer or something, then get lots of shave cream and a good razor and go for it.

Honestly though hair removal cream is the way forward :icon_bigg Just spread it out over the area you want to be hairless, leave for a few minutes then scrape the hair off with the cream. No stubble at all, feels like you've never had hair there, at least for a couple days.

15. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What kind of stuff are we talking about here? I know veet does that but a friend of mine said it stinks really bad!

16. LiquidSwords

Yeah we're talking veet, never thought it smelt bad really and you wash it off anyway!