1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Children

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by NEWFrontiers22, Aug 13, 2013.

1. NEWFrontiers22

Do you want them?

Why or Why not?

Would you do it naturaly?

Would you be open to adoption?

How many would you have?

2. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1) Yes, eventually I want to settle down with someone and have kids

2) It's just always been a plan to me

3) Naturally as in? Although I'm guessing surrogacy wouldn't really be considered natural.

4) Totally. If I feel like it's the best thing for me and my partner at the time, I would be for adoption.

5) Two at max, but maybe just one.

3. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I was typing an in depth response to this but Chrome screwed up and closed on me, so I'll just do it the simple and lazy way because I don't want to type that much a second time.

Maybe, I would LOVE to settle down with a husband and raise and grow a family.

Because I want to raise kids in my ideal way, and try to not hurt them in any psychological way, I will just love them no matter what.

I'm not sure how two guys can have a kid naturally unless a surrogate is hired lol, and that is a LOT of money from what I heard because of medical expenses and crap.

Hell yes I'd be open to adoption. There a tons of children in the world who need homes, and I'd be more than happy to take some in. (Though when I pointed this out, my mom said that there was actually a shortage of children to adopt, or that adoption services don't like giving kids to gay couples)

I would like more than once child, but I don't think I have what it takes, even with a husband to raise 6+ at once, now if they're spread out over some time, I could definitely handle it. It's not so much as how many I want specifically, it's how many I can raise over time.

#3 MtnFr3sh, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  4. George

Yes I would like to have at least one child someday (preferably a son). Being an only child, my parents are really counting on me to give them grandchildren. In fact, my family name literally would end with me (none of my first, second, or even third cousins is a male with my last name).

Of course, that alone is not a good reason to have children. The surname tradition probably has a lot less importance these days than it did in the past. Plus, my kids would probably get a hyphenated name anyway, picking up my partner's name too.

Disregarding all these traditional reasons, in general I think I would make a good father, and it would be wonderful to experience all the joys of having a family with my future husband.

Due to the reasons listed above I would prefer to have biological children. So that means I'll go with the surrogate option. I still would consider adoption though, but it probably won't be my first choice.

#4 George, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  5. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Do you want them? No. Not at the moment. My opinion could change, of course, so too soon to say.

Why or Why not? With seven billion people, I see no reason to bring my spawn on the Earth. I however do like the idea of being a daddy so... Adoption's a possibility. Take someone in who needs a home, why not, once I've settled down.

Would you do it naturaly? Absolutely not

Would you be open to adoption? Perhaps.

How many would you have? One at the most.

6. DoriaN

I want biological children but today is my first day of hrt and I know I will lose my fertility soon.
    Banking sperm is rude to My Lord in my beliefs, so I cannot do that.

Was thinking of adoption, since there are so many children in need.
    But I'm not set on that idea.

7. justjade

Do you want them?

Not at the moment, but I might eventually. I'm not as closed to it as I used to be.

Why or Why not?

Kids make me really nervous. I also don't think I'd be a fit parent yet, and I don't want to bring kids into this world that I can't give them a better childhood than I had.

Would you do it naturally?

I could. I don't plan on having bottom surgery or a hysterectomy, so it's definitely possible. Do I want to? not particularly. Might I want to in the future? Possibly. So everything I do now regarding my transition has to be planned carefully.

Yes. Definitely.

How many would you have?

I don't want to have just one. I'd like a kid of mine to have siblings. My husband wants a boy and a girl, so I guess 2, although he's told me he wouldn't mind having 3.

8. Wells

Wells Guest

I would have loved to have kids. I wanted to be someone they could look up to, as a Dad. But I don't ever want to adopt a child umder two dads

9. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you want them? No.

Why or Why not? 1: I don't have the energy/patience/willpower to put up with all the crap they go through. 2: Other, more personal reasons that I'm not going to post here.

Would you do it naturaly? Well, I'm gay so that's not really an option. But if I were to have kids then I'd want them to be my own.

Would you be open to adoption? No. Again, if I were to have a kid, I'd want the kid to be my own.

How many would you have? If I absolutely had to have kids, one and only one.

10. BuyTheStars

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    1) Maybe (Probably No)

2) I don't know where society will stand on Gay Rights in about 10 years or so... If people are as homophobic as they are now, I would not want to raise children in that environment. The reason being, all the bullying that children who have Same-Sex parents go through. Besides, if Hate-Crimes keep escalating, I wouldn't want to drag my kids into harm's way; PERIOD. No parent would want to put there kids in danger, so I think it depends on how far evolved we will be on the subject.

3) They can do that for men?

4) OF COURSE! All of god's children need home's, Regardless if they are your's or not! :slight_smile:

5) Two at the Most

#10 BuyTheStars, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  11. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe eventually.

No.

Yes.

One.

12. Hexagon

Do you want them? Maybe
    Why or Why not? I might like to... how do I put it, leave something behind. But then I'm not sure I can handle kid(s)
    Would you do it naturally? No that would be completely impossible
    Would you be open to adoption? Yeah
    How many would you have?0-2

13. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    1. Maybe.

2. I think I might be too slef-centered to be a good caregiver. Plus, I've been traumatized due to being around a younger relative who behaves as if she were the antichrist. Still, if my future husband really wants some, I'd feel compelled to make him happy. Not changing diapers though. :help:

3. If by "natural" you mean vaginal intercourse, I'd have no problem doing that, but my future husband might. :lol:

4. Yeah, sure. Hope the bio parents aren't crackheads though...

5. They say it takes a village to raise a child. Two max.

---------- Post added 14th Aug 2013 at 11:37 AM ----------

Why not? :confused:

14. Fiddledeedee

I don't know if I want them, and goodness knows there's still plenty of years to work that out! If I have them, though, then they would not be biologically mine; I almost certainly have a genetic predisposition towards my illness, and I want to minimise the number of people with this thing. (I do not however condemn any other person who has had CFS/ME and wants biological kids.) Surrogacy if my partner is male, sperm donation if they're female, or adoption whatever happens.

How many would I have? Well, I've grown up with two siblings, and I would hate for any child to have none. Three sounds like a good number, if any. I think that that has the highest fun:chaos ratio.

15. Sarcastic Luck

Nope.

I have never had any desire too have children, and from an early age hoped that I was sterile. Frankly, I don't have the patience to deal with them. Animals can be bad enough,as it is. I couldn't deal with kids.

16. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not particularly interested in having children, but I do want to be an uncle (my brother will probably have kids), and if I fell in love with a guy who already had kids, I wouldn't let that stop me. I'm not an overly parental person, and I like a little freedom, but either way, both are good and bad in their own ways.

17. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

For now, no, definitely not. I'm terrible with children, because I feel like I have no way to relate to them. If I were to have kids, I'd definitely want to adopt one or foster one, and definitely an older one, so they'd at least be at the age when they can be reasoned with.

18. ScatteredEarth

Do you want them?
    Yes, I'd love to have children some day

Why or Why not?
    Because I've always wanted something to leave behind in the world to uphold my 'legacy' of sorts :slight_smile:

Would you do it naturaly?
    I would only do it naturally. It seems selfish, but I don't think I could 'do' an adopted child. Maybe a step-kid, but not an adopted one..

No, it's selfish to think, yes.. But I would much rather prefer my own seed over an unknown one if that makes any sense.

How many would you have?
    I've always pictured myself having atleast 2.. Y'know.. the annoying little bastards going at eachother's throats day in and day out.. It's a tough life, but it's rewarding lol

19. GayJay

Do you want them? Yep, defiantly

Why or Why not? I just love kids. Watching them grow up and learn new things is just amazing to me, plus it gives me a purpose. I have more drive in life if i have children to provide for

Would you do it naturaly? Erm my partner would but i sure wouldn't :')

Would you be open to adoption? Yeah of course. If you can give a kid the life they deserve why wouldn't you

How many would you have? I preferably want 3 boys, but i wouldn't mind 4

20. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't want children for a number of reasons, but these are the biggest.

1. I just don't like children.
    2. Autism seems to be passed genetically. My dad has it (we all think so) and both me and my brother have it.
    3. Kids are expensive
    4. Diapers...well you get the picture.
    5. My dogs are my kids. And unlike teenagers, they actually love me back.
    6. Adoption is INCREDIBLY expensive. No matter what Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt might make it look like, it's not that simple to just jump on a plane and head over to Africa and bring back a child. In many cases, you have to bribe the country to get the child out.
    7. I love the idea of the childless lifestyle, you know, being financially sound and and having a clean house.

---------- Post added 14th Aug 2013 at 10:41 AM ----------

"There is nothing sadder than a childless couple. It breaks my heart to see them relaxing around swimming pools in Florida, sitting all suntanned and miserable on the decks of their boats -- trotting off to Europe like lonesome fools. It's an empty life. Nothing but money to spend, more time to enjoy and a whole lot less to worry about.

The poor childless couple are so wrapped up in themselves, you have to feel sorry for them. They don't fight over the child's discipline, don't blame each other for the child's most obnoxious characteristics, and they miss all the fun of doing without for the child's sake. They just go along, doing whatever they want, buying what they want and liking each other. It's a pretty pathetic picture.

Everyone should have children. No one should be allowed to escape the wonderful experience that accompanies each stage in the development of the young -- the happy memories of sleepless nights, coughing spells, tantrums, diaper rash, debts, "dipso" baby sitters, saturated mattresses, emergencies and never-ending crises.

How dismal is the peaceful home without the constant childish problems that make a well-rounded life and an early breakdown; the tender, thoughtful discussions when the report card reveals the progeny to be one step below a moron; the end-of-the-day reunions with all the joyful happenings recited like well-placed blows to the temples.

Children are worth it. Every moment of anxiety, every sacrifice, every complete collapse pays off as a fine, sturdy adolescent is reached. The feeling of reward the first time you took the boy hunting -- he didn't mean to shoot you, the lad was excited. Remember how he cried? How sorry he was? And how much better you felt after the blood transfusion? These are the times a man with a growing son treasures -- memories that are captured forever in the heart and the limp.

Think back to the night of romantic adventure when your budding daughter eloped with the village idiot. What childless couple ever shared in the stark realism of that drama? Aren't you a better man for having lived richly, fully, acquiring that tic in your left eye? Could a woman without children touch the strength and heroism of your wife as she tried to fling herself out of the bedroom window?

The childless couple live in a vacuum. They fill their lonely days with golf, vacation trips, dinner dates, civic affairs, tranquility, leisure and entertainment. There is a terrifying emptiness without children, but the childless couple are too comfortable to know it.

You just have to look at them to see what the years have done: He looks boyish, unlined and rested; she's slim, well-groomed and youthful. It isn't natural. If they had had kids, they'd look like the rest of us -- worn out, wrinkled and exhausted."

Thank you, Ann Landers.