1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I thought I'd share this with you

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Holly, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Holly

So, I've been volunteering at my local library over the summer, as it's been a kids reading challenge through the summer holidays. My local library was holding a 'Teddy Bears Picnic' for the kids and their parents, and I was helping out.

We were singing 'Farmer in his Den'. If you don't know it, there's a farmer who stands in the middle, and everyone else is stood in a circle going round and round. The first verse is 'The farmer wants a wife', and then the 'farmer' picks someone and they joined the middle too. The guy in the middle, on this verse, decided to pick the only other boy in the circle.

The two had no care in the world that there was anything to it, but I automatically felt proud. Most of the parents laughed, and there was many comments 'Well, there's nothing wrong with that'. Of course, none of them know I'm gay, but the idea of older generations being able to say positive things about homosexuality and same sex marriage was an amazing experience. Other than my friends who know I'm gay, I've never had such open support for gay marriage and LGBT from other people. There was never a sense that it was 'wrong', just that it was different yes, but not anything bad.

My little village isn't the most open community, there is no LGBT support available, and it is a traditional little English countryside village. It truly made my day.

So, I thought I would share it with you, to perk everyone up :slight_smile:

2. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's an amazing story. It's strange, most little kids don't even questions gay marriage. It's just a part of society to them. Proves that these thoughts are forced upon them. Kids are too innocent.

3. Wells

Wells Guest

Well that's great to hear! You never know how things will turn out, eh?

4. Hexagon

Its nice to see/read about stuff like that :slight_smile:

5. Joanne

Its not strange at all, when were young we are still pure and uncorrupted, society hasn't poisoned us yet, so those first few years will be your most true and honest years, and will hold a lot for you to learn from in attempts to either remain uncorrupted or to try and return to that beautiful natural state

6. leer

I was brought up in a similar environment in a quirt village not much going on unless you liked well dressing :sleep: .

7. Fairylink