1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What sets you apart from other people (other than LGBT)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anthonythegamer, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Personally, what sets me apart is that I'm a really quirky and weird guy. One minute, I'll walk over to you, and the next thing you know, I'll do bunny hops towards you :lol:

What sets you apart from other people?

2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I try to be witty and come across as sophisicated and well read but in reality I'm the biggest, stupidest dork you'll ever meet.

3. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't drink alcohol. I don;t know anyone my age who doesn't.

4. Andbenz0189

I like to think of myself as a very easy going guy. But what really sets me apart from everyone else, is the fact that i react and think of everything in life in terms of the movies or tv shows i have watched. I tend to relate every situation i'm in to scenes i like from movies or tv.

5. kresukun

I am a massive geek
    I like a lot of Pop Songs
    I play too many video games
    I adore Panic at The Disco
    Sonic, enough said

6. Kor

Kor

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm pretty good at origami. It's a good conversation starter at least.

7. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am a Drinking, Singing Irishman Lol

8. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

You do that too? :eek:

9. kem

kem

Well, I'm left-handed.
    I wear both men and women's clothes.
    I actually understand modern and some post-modern art and like it(& know when it's not to be understood).
    I use a vivid language and I have a huge vocabulary.
    My face doesn't do expressions.
    I don't like to party.

10. lilgrack

I am a big geek girl, and have to over think everything and then put it in context of if my life was a book how it would happen depending on the type of book. Also will start talking as if in a book as the narrator when I get board, and my really twisted sense of humor that only a few people get and others find really stupid.

11. ScatteredEarth

I feel so isolated from my age group -.- While they're all out making themselves look like asses, I'm playing it safe.

I tend to have a higher level of speaking than most kids my age, and on numerous occasions I have successfully won an argument with my wit rather than assaulting someone with slang and whatnot.

I switch personalities at the drop of a pin.. I'll be a silent person around one person, then turn around and be talkative with another, then turn to the third guy and talk like I'm ghetto or something, then the next guy in an intelligent conversation.

People tend to say I get along with adults better than people my age and on multiple occasions I have been told I have the brain of a middle aged man.. So yay? :slight_smile:

12. leer

I can cook better than my mum.
    some of my favorite bands are Arcade Fire, Flaming lips, Elbow
    am quite good at Football .
    I act a bit weird sometimes .

13. Hexagon

-My politics and ethics

(This is much broader than what party I support. Firstly, I'm an anarcho-communist, and that informs a great many of my views, including feminism, my support of lgbt rights, well, I can't list it all, but you get the picture. I'm also opposed to the existence of nations, nationalism, patriotism etc, money, private property. This is my whole world view. And I rarely meet others who share it.)

-My interest in philosphy. Less complex. Everyone I meet IRL hates philosophy. It happens to be what I'm most interested in.

I feel I've done a poor job of explaining myself here. Ah well.

14. LinkLarkin

Pretty much everything. I'm not exactly a "hipster", just somebody who goes out of my way to be different. In high school, for example, everybody thought they were being really rebellious by wearing their ties as short as physically possible and all looking identical, so every single day I would wear my tie as long as possible to be different and nonconformist. Yeah I was a bit of a loser but I think I made a valid point.

And that applies to pretty much everything I do. But if I had to pick one thing that set me apart I would have to go with the fact that I'm so unattractive I get stares from random people in the street.

15. BlueLines

I really enjoy Arcade Fire as well, I dont come across many poeple who have even heard of them...

I really don't get along with anyone in my age group either, so I have just learned to tolerate them... but I do get along famously with the previous genorations. :slight_smile:

16. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a huge anime fan, mostly because I'm into abridged series. So there's one thing. My body also works like a girl's, despite the puberty stuff. What I mean is that I'm mostly attracted to guys, my tits are both erogenous zones, and rather than being sexually focused on topping, I'm focused on the bottom. I was also born with a liver disease that's been the biggest troll of my life: I can't drink, and I can't do martial arts, but my liver and spleen are too healthy to be on a transplant list.

Public education never worked on me. In fact, tutors and hands-on education have been the biggest help I've ever had. I also never really got religion, which claims to be something rooted in the human body.

I hate most of the top-charted music of today, and listen to bands from the 60s to the early 90's. Most of these bands are British.

I also have a huge passion in video editing and being behind-the-scenes, while most people shoot for performing on stage and on camera.

I'm also more passive and tend to be more clueless than most people my age and around me. Yet, I'm big into science that deals with physics and astrology (hence why Michio Kaku and Neil DeGrasse Tyson are my favorite scientists).

Anything else?

OOOooh, yeah... I'm in an internet relationship with someone on the other side of the Pacific Ocean, in Northern Ireland. So while my country is slowly but surely gaining LGBT rights, his country is close to Russia.

17. Wells

Wells Guest

I am smart and have common sense, something rare in my school (even the teachersp
    I like different music
    I'm either unsociable or over-sociable. Depends who I am talking to.
    I don't really have any friends yet, so all summer holidays I have been with my nan.

18. George

Dedication - When I want something bad enough I'll work hard and ignore boredom in my quest to achieve it. It doesn't matter if others see the value in the goal - whether it be grinding in a video game or working on an insane homework assignment until 4 am.

Curiosity - I spend a lot of time thinking about society, the world, the whole universe, and my own place and purpose in all of the above. I am driven by this unquenchable thirst for knowledge, and I love learning something new every day. My phone is an extension of my brain in this regard - anytime any random question comes to mind, I google it and add the answer to my list of random trivia.

Forgiveness - I am perhaps more forgiving than most. No matter how badly someone has wronged me I always want peace in the end. I don't sleep well having any enemies in this world.

Monogamy - I am obsessed with the prospect of having a partner for life and putting all of my heart into that one person. There certainly are many others out there that want monogamous relationships, so it really isn't rare, but I nevertheless consider it one of my defining qualities.

19. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a total book nerd and constantly imagine the stories were I'm a character in them, or make up my own story altogether. I can be completely random. I know alot of useless facts.I tend to befriend he outcasts alot that I've noticed so yea.

20. biggayguy

I enjoy a wide variety of music; classical to bluegrass to hard rock to jazz. I also like a wide variety of book. I'm also a decent chess player.