1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the best way to meet people?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kresukun, Aug 15, 2013.

1. kresukun

I am a sad loner. :confused:

I don't really have friends that I can go out to meet and I am always afraid to go to large gatherings. I am at home 24/7, and more or less stalking these threads to get some involvement with another person, creepy I know.

Can I do something so I don't feel so lonely? I have brothers and sisters but they are always off doing their own thing and I don't like hanging around them.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

2. TheUglyBarnacle

Maybe pick up a hobby? Join a sports team, a chess club or take art lessons? There's something for everyone and if there isn't, you could try something you had never thought of and see if you like it.

3. Data

Data Guest

YES! A hobby is a really great way to stuff. You go out in participate in things simply because it is fun and makes you happy! What better reason then that?

In the city I live in, there are several social events that take place. Meet Me at Maynard's is one that is pretty popular here, and basically everyone goes and hangs out. You could go to something, scope it out, and if you see anyone else sitting alone go up and say hi!

I'll be honest, that IS MUCH EASIER said then done.

4. GayNerd

Like the others said, get a hobby. It's a great way to make new friends and have fun! I joined a Club in 5th Grade and made lots of friends! Give it a try.

As for your shyness, you just have to go and start a conversation with someone. The more people you feel comfortable talking to, the less shy you get. Plus, this will help you build a friendship with someone!

#4 GayNerd, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  5. leer

join some groups if your still doing uni dont have to be a huge group .
    make plans to go see your family & stick to it
    have you thought about creating your own computer game