1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you define yourself as a lover?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Wiiluigi1998, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Wiiluigi1998

Wiiluigi1998 Guest

Are you usually up for long range, one night stands? Tell meh.

I am for long range romantic relationships. I'm not a creeper though, I don't like do the scary picture shtuff.

2. Hexagon

I've never been in a relationship or sexual situation. However, I imagine that once I get into the sexual stuff, I wouldn't be opposed to the odd one night stand, but I'd prefer a relationship. Also, I'd be open to polyamory.

3. Night

Night Guest

I actually despise romance, but I also don't enjoy sex much.

So I suppose I'm not too keen on either options.

4. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I'd be willing to give a one-night-stand a try, but a lot of my enjoyment of love-making comes from the connection I have with the guy I'm doing it with, so I don't expect I would enjoy it as much as I would enjoy making love in the context of a relationship.

5. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

All of the above. Sex is just great.

I'm all for hook-ups, long term relationships, monogamy, open relationships, friends with benefits, etc. Not sure about sex in groups because it sounds like I would get over it it fairly quick, but I haven't tried it yet so no way to tell. Polyamory sounds interesting and I love reading about it, but not really my thing.

Right now I'm in a monogam-ish relationship (I allow him to mess with other guys as long as he follows my rules, but I can't mess around with anyone), and I couldn't be happier. Apparently instead of jealousy I experience something called compersion, which in sexual context means that I enjoy it when my partner is enjoying himself with other people. It has been an interesting experience to discover this side of me and to have been lucky enough to have found a partner who allows me to explore this side.

That being said, once we feel like starting a family then we have agreed we will go fully monogamous. Until then, we have planned to enjoy our sexualities to their full extent with each other. That way we don't feel like settling so young is a negative thing, but just another adventure to take with someone that you love and want to spend what you thing will be the rest of your lives.

I'm being this open because I hate when people talk about things in a way that it makes you feel like you have to pick either option, and I wish I had known since I was younger that you are free to explore your sexuality and experience your relationships in any way that you desire. THERE ARE NO RULES!

#5 TheEdend, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2013
  6. LinkLarkin

I've always thought I'd prefer a monogamous relationship. And right now, I still would, but in the future I can see that changing. First off, I want to lose my virginity to somebody I love, not a one night stand, so there's no sex imminent for me. But also, it's quite important for me to experience love, even if I decide it isn't the way to go. Once I've lost my virginity and the mystery of sex is broken, then I would feel free to experiment and assuming my first boyfriend won't be my last (it would be awesome if he was but it's quite impractical) then when I have a period of being single I might well consider hooking up. But in the short term and the long term, I want to be in love and I want monogamy.

7. George

I can honestly say I would never do a one-night stand. For me the long-term monogamous relationship is what I fantasize about. Getting really close to someone and integrating them into my life. Sex would be just a way of having an intimate connection with that guy. I see no point in hooking up with a stranger.. where is the love? If the purpose is just to relieve horniness there are other, safer ways to do that as we all know. That leads me into my second big reason Id never do it - safety reasons - I could never trust someone I only casually hook up with. Sure there's protection, but there's still that chance that stupid decisions will be made when drunk. I'm not willing to take that risk.

8. justjade

I've done both one-night stands and long-term relationships, and I like long-term relationships better. However, as a lover, I'm pretty awkward. I'm not very romantic, and I have a tendency to swing between extremes. Like, some days I'm really energetic and just want to go out and do stuff. The next day, I'm completely lethargic and just want to sit and dick around on the internet or play The Sims. I can go from being really affectionate and engaged to be distant very quickly.

9. Wiiluigi1998

Wiiluigi1998 Guest

I would never EVER have a monogamous relationship. I would feel like I wasn't really worth it, because he would be going out with others.

10. Night

Night Guest

A monogamous relationship means he would only be going out with you, though.

I should also clarify that I'd prefer a long-term relationship should I decide to pursue one.

11. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, while I can't say I would NEVER have a one-night-stand I can't see myself just having random sex...so I guess I would prefer long term. I'm led to believe there's less snuggliness and amusement in one night stands so really whats the point!

12. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm in a long-term right now. I've had a one-night stand and a long-termer.

13. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've done the one night stand thing for a bit, but it was never with a total stranger it always someone I knew for a little bit. I'd like to have a long term relationship, I had boy friend's and things get better, at least in my opinion, when you're with someone for while. You can learn what each other like, and I'm not just talking about sex.

Plus as you reach a new level of intimacy with your relationship, you kinda get this: "huh...this feels kinda cool"

14. Data

Data Guest

A virgin talking here (never had a relationship!), so I'm no expert even on myself.

I feel as though once I feel comfortable enough to have sex and cuddle naked with another guy, I would be so incredibly emotionally invested that any cheating on my part wouldn't happen and if he cheated it would break my heart into little tiny pieces.

I see sex as the ultimate connection. You melt together and share such intimate moments. It would take me a while to feel ready to have sex. I don't take it lightly.

For that reason, I'm a hopeless romantic and I would never want to mess around outside of my boyfriend. I don't think I could do a long distance relationship, because part of why I fall for people is because of the way they act in person. All of their idiosyncrasies make them who I like.

15. Blu

Blu

I will only engage in the act inside of a long term relationship. ONLY!!!!
    While I'm sure it feels great I feel that it will be ten times better under those circumstances.

16. Elf Wynd

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have been with 8 men willingly (we will not discuss my childhood).

6 of which were honest attempts at 'married for life' long term relationships. 2 of which, between #4 and #5 in the LTR side of things, were honest attempts to be a slut.

I discovered I can't get much satisfaction from 'just sex'. I require the confines of a loving relationship for that to be wholly satisfying.

None of my relationships have been long distance. Most were almost move in immediately.... Yeah mixed results on that front.

17. Goblin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm a virgin so I definitely don't have experiences backing up my preference's but I would love to have a one night stand. Hell if I could go safely lose my virginity (which I think is a social construct anyways) to a one night stand without being judged then I'd do it right now.

I have nothing against long term relationships. But I've never really felt like I loved anyone I've dated so far anyways and any past relationships made me feel like I was closing myself off to other options. I guess oneday if I really love someone I won't mind being monogamous but otherwise I like to feel like my options are open (even if there isn't anyone else I'm interested in being told a relationship open makes me feel less constrained I'd like to try poly relationships)

I'm horny (and have kinks) and I like touching other people so Friends w/ Benefits, having sex with more than one person, casual relationships, cybersex. I'd be up for all of those. I wish I could become the most sexually experienced person amongst my friends. The way I see it the more sexual experiences I seek out and the more ways I get to experiment the better I'll know myself. I also believe in the concept of friend sex and stuff so yeah.

I don't think it'd ever seriously happen for me but if I could do it safely that's what I'd want.

18. Jeneric

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm a super loner so I'd like a relationship where we'd be exclusive but we didn't see each other every day or talk every day and they'd leave after sexy times so I don't have to share my bed.

19. Hrantou

I'm really just the committed long term kinda guy. I've done one night stands and a few hook ups and they leave me feeling empty and just are not fun for me at all. I want a long term relationship. As for long distance n stuff, I'll do that too. I just have to feel that connection.

20. Wiiluigi1998

Wiiluigi1998 Guest

Oh, awkward.