1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jerry Springer/Maury

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Peridot, May 16, 2008.

1. Peridot

Ok, so I was watching Jerry Springer and Maury earlier today.
    The stories on the shows are so crazy and unimaginable, I've always wondered...

Is it all real or are most of them just acting for show?

I'm guessing they're just acting, because I don't think people screw up their lives THAT bad intentionally.

2. TeeBe

Those stories definately exist! Although the made-for-TV ones are probably a little bit coloured.

From the ICU: People who wanted to keep family members on life support so that they could keep claiming the pension cheques...

People who even in the hospital, manage to keep their wife and girlfirends from meeting...even though they are sitting in the same waiting room...

Look at my sister! She is 18. Got discharged from a psych institution where she spent three months, attended then dropped university, met a guy who tried to run her down with his car, then met another guy, 27, and moved into his mother's basement...

My father walked out of hos 20 year marriage to go f*ck my (now ex) boss. Because of that, we lost the house, managed to get another (that we may yet lose), and he is scot free and doesn't need to pay support because by sister and I are over 18...

Mmmm...ride a bus around Hamilton, Ontario, Canada...you will see lots of soap-opera stories...and not a single full mouth of teeth :grin: (I beg forgiveness from anyone who loves there...I will NEVER move back...)

3. musicgirl112233

wow! im sorry about that(*hug*)

4. shakerdancee

Did you watch the one with that naked guy screaming at his girlfriend over the old, fat guy who was sitting naked between them? fucking fantastic, really. I watched it in the band room with a trumpet player.

5. Étoile

While the stories on Jerry Springer/Maury may be mostly true, on AOL, it was revealed that some of the audience on Maury are hired actors. So that explains the jaw-dropping facial expressions and the exaggerated behavior after finding out that the 16th guy appearing on the show is not the father.

6. LOVEjames

The fact that you had to test n guys to see who your baby daddy is is like... despicably hilarious.

7. Sam

Sam

I know jerry springer is fake because somebody caught the people that work on the show telling some guests to "say this" and "do that" to make the audience react more but I don't know about maury (its probably fake too).

8. sdc91

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLcauJfbOg[/YOUTUBE]

*cough*

9. I LOVE Jerry Springer/Maury

10. LOVEjames

It's funny to watch the "I'm so afraid of..." shows. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But the ones with trying to figure out your baby daddy and finding out that they're cheating... eh. Not terribly amusing. Jerry... sometimes, when it's truly outrageous, can be funny.

11. Jerr

I HATE Jerry Springer... gah it bothers me. I am southern and I look and think... "Oh, that is why I'm looked down upon as a southerner..."

I likes me some Maury though. Always have. He usually has some funny on his show... even if it is only funny because of my odd sense of humor.

12. Loretta Thaxton

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Jerry Springer/Maury Rocks. Where else except on Jerry can you see a woman who sleeps with her husbands brother, and his father and then his mother, only to have her husband forgive her. Later on Maury he finds out he's not the father of his kids. Only in America.