1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things, they are a-changing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AwesomGaytheist, Aug 16, 2013.

1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I move in in 11 days, my dad yesterday found my condoms :eek:, I might get my FAA medical within the next month, and for the first time since September, I'm below 300 pounds! Weighed myself this morning, and I'm 299. Hey, baby steps.

2. Data

Data Guest

Exciting!

Embarrassing about the condoms, but really he should be happy inside that you're planning ahead of time and staying safe from STDs.

3. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He may or may not know that I'm gay and that I'm boinking who he thinks is my best friend. (My boyfriend is my best friend, so I guess it's not just him who thinks he's by best friend. :grin:)

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Boinking" is generally best between good friends! :grin:

Congrats on the weight loss!

5. Data

Data Guest

Straight people get STDs too, and THEY CAN HAVE BABIES!

So whether straight or gay, it's a really good sign you think ahead. :slight_smile: He may not like the idea of his child having sex (do any parents really stop seeing us as babies?) but he should at least acknowledge that you will and you'll be protected.

6. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Those weight loss milestones are a huge ego boost--great job! Give yourself a nice reward. The condoms are handy, after all.

7. ScatteredEarth

Congrats Gaytheist! Things are starting to look up for ya, y'know.. besides the whole condoms thing :3

8. Data

Data Guest

I saw in another post of yours that you were really excited to get clearance to fly. Are you going to go on vacation when that happens? A get away with your "best friend"? :grin: That would be cool.

9. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's so I can start flight training my second semester of college. My GPA wasn't high enough to fly first-semester (as was probably 75% of my entering class). What I'm hoping for is that I can lose enough weight to fit comfortably in a coach seat. Over spring break, I'm headed to my aunts' house in California for their wedding. They've been together for over 30 years, were one of the first gay couples to get married in America in 2004 during the San Francisco weddings, and now that Prop 8 is legally dead, they're going to get legally married.

So over spring break, I'm headed out there to be at their wedding. I visited last June, and I was 30 pounds lighter and I still didn't fit comfortably. I was just lucky enough to get that one row on the MD-90 which has only one seat so there was nobody next to me.

10. Data

Data Guest

Oh that makes lots of sense! The daughter of one of our family friends is in the Air Force, and she absolutely raves about flying the A-10 Warthog. I'm sure flying anything is fun! That's really neat.

When I was about 13 or 14, my mom joined Weight Watchers and I joined up as well to give her support and a safety net to help her stay on track. I lost 50 pounds, and I was very happy when I got my lifetime membership! After puberty hit me, I sort of naturally stabilized. The biggest piece of advice I can possibly give to anyone losing weight is to EAT and not starve yourself just to get that last few pounds. I did it once, and would you believe that the week I tried to eat as LITTLE as possible I actually GAINED 3 POUNDS! I was shocked and didn't try it again. You hold all water and fat as emergency rations because your body thinks you're stuck without food. :slight_smile:

Well, you've got great goals! Everyone needs good goals to aim for in order to get us out of bed in the A.M. :grin: