1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very Wise Thought

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by justjade, Aug 16, 2013.

1. justjade

My husband told me a few months ago that you can't be both pro-life and against LGBT rights. The exact quote is, "If the fetus you save is gay, will you still protect its rights?" I found this to be very interesting and insightful and though I would share.

2. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I use that quote against pro-life and anti-LGBT people all the time. They usually have no answer for me, wouldn't you know. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Night

Night Guest

I feel like most responses would be similar to "Well we just would teach the baby to be straight!"

[​IMG]

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So many Republicans call themselves "Pro-life" and then hail Texas Gov. Rick Perry who has presided over 250 executions in almost 13 years as governor.

5. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Also worth noting: it's pretty clear that the conservatives don't care about the baby after being born. It's funny how the same group of people can scream about life being sacred, and yet despise any program that will help keep children healthy (and maybe even alive).

Until, of course, the kid reaches 18. At that point, he or she is perfect for joining the military to go and fight more wars over oil.

6. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The central question in the abortion debate now is when does life begin? Pro-lifers love to say life begins at conception, because that's a living cell as soon as the sperm meets the egg.

Well wait a second. A sperm is a living cell. It has its own structure that is specifically designed to survive for days at a time inside the female reproductive system until an egg is released so the sperm can fertilize it.

In other words, by pro-lifers' own logic, life begins BEFORE conception. Who created your parents, and who created their parents? You could keep going all the way back to the two people commonly known as Adam and Eve. It's worth noting that every single one of us has a piece of mitochondrial DNA that's the same...we share a common ancestor.

7. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Interesting stat. I wonder what the fundamentalists would say about that, too, since they tend to be two peas in a pod. Technically, if you belong to any Christian religion, you should be against the death penalty.