1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For people who are in the closet.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by treeofleaves, Aug 16, 2013.

1. treeofleaves

One of friends is bisexual and whenever i say anything about Lesbians, gays, bisexuals..or anything...she always takes it like i'm offending her...and she makes it seem like i have something against LGBT...but i am always thinking...if only you knew....anyway...does anyone else experience anything like this?

:bang:

2. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In the past I've interacted with some gay people who were complete dicks, and when I voiced my dislike for them to others, the immediate response was basically that I'm a homophobic bigot. Ironically, that kind of response is actually more homophobic than disliking someone for being an asshole who just happens to be gay as well (which isn't homophobic at all) because it assumes that a gay person's homosexuality is all there is to like or dislike about him/her.

But back on topic, I know what you mean. During those times part of me wanted to say "you do realize I'm gay, right?" but I still had so much internalized homophobia and self-hatred that the thought of being out seemed painful.

3. LinkLarkin

It's never really been a problem for me because I thought that if I never acknowledged that homosexuality exists, maybe it would throw people off assuming I was gay. And it seems to have worked, although at least one of my friends briefly suspected I was asexual.

4. Redd

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not usually too good at wording things when I talk and a lot of what I day doesn't end up coming off the way I indended. I was reading a book one time about this guy who was mad about his dad coming out as gay and tearing the family apart, and I was having a conversation about books or something and the person I was talking to gave me a really angry look and said "My sister's gay" and stormed away. The point of the book had been more along the lines of the guy being mad that his parents split up because his dad had lied all that time and then randomly come out and moved in with a guy, not that he was mad at his dad for being gay. But I guess I wasn't really very clear

5. srslywtf

I've never experienced this, but somehow I went through my whole life not knowing a single gay guy. Weird.

All the lesbians I know have been very supportive of me, they were nice before I came out to them, and even nicer after :slight_smile:

6. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    Well, I'm not in the closet anymore xD

but there was this INSANELY HOT GUY in my weight lifting class i was forced to take. He used to show me his abs and ask me to feel them for him (i never did god dammit, and now he moved and i cant >.>)

He used to playfully flirt with me all of the time, and one time he touched me (i hve this hand fetish and I don't like to be touched by people i find attractive because its ridiculously hard for me to not act weird afterwards, or to squeal like a girl, or to jump xD) well he touched me and i was kind of like "Don't touch me there (it was my chest lol) " he asked if i was homophobic, and i was kind of like what, hes gay? oh my god!? --- in my head.

I really just laughed out loud because he didnt know I was gay yet. I'm still convinced hes bi, but regardless xD

That was my first experience of someone thinking im homophobic.

7. Saint Otaku

It's a bit funny, when I was in middle school I was extremely ignorant, and made many anti-gay comments (I enjoyed the word "Fruitcake", which I leaned from my grandpa.) Despite this, one of my closest friends was a bi girl, who would tease me for my awkwardness and effeminacy as much as I would tease LGBT. I'm a bit disappointed she moved freshman year, because I would've liked to have come out to her, as I still remember her saying I was her "best guy friend." Aaah, memories.