1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feminine, masculine, or in between?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Wiiluigi1998, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Wiiluigi1998

Wiiluigi1998 Guest

If the kinsey scale measured feminine-ness, I would be a 4.5-5 on the scale. I would go with in between- straight out feminine. What about you?

2. woo13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Does the kinsey scale measure feminine-ness?

Well, I'm a 4 in kinsey-scale, what does that make me? :|

3. Elf Wynd

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wasn't aware there was a Kinsey test for femininity. I know there is one for your sexuality.

Me Effeminate - I tried it once and it scared people.

Typically I act like a dude, behave like a dude - Meh. I have the tastes of a dude when it comes to styles - 501 jeans, t-shirts, boots or tennis shoes. Shorts in the summer and tennis shoes, unless I'm working then its the steel toed boots yes in tennis shoes.

I played sports - a lot. I also hunted, Camped, hiked, swam in rivers and other 'butch' stuff or typically associated with masculinity stuff.

Most of the jobs I have had have been typically 'masculine jobs' Construction/yard care - which includes painting (not oils, houses), carpentry skills (I can also built furniture), hanging drywall, laying roof, etc.

Don't like shopping, unless its a hardware store a home center - good luck pulling me out of there in any reasonable amount of time. Tool section... drool.

No sense of Fashion - No sense of color either. I firmly believe plaid is a basic color, as basic as black and goes with everything including other plaids.

I do have a bit of effeminate features - 'delicate' long fingers, narrow wrists and ankles.

Due to my slenderness and more delicate features when I wore a dress one Halloween every one thought I was actually a woman. Until I opened my mouth and my deep voice broke the illusion.

And no I'm not a total top either. I'm more along the lines of 80% bottom and 20% top - depends on who I am with.

I don't view position in bed to determine gender-isk stuff either. I have known a few very Nelly Queens who were total tops - never been pegged, never would be pegged.

4. whyme10

Very masculine but absolutely adore men. Kinsey 4.5 but behind closed
    Doors I am very passionate femmine :slight_smile:

5. Wiiluigi1998

Wiiluigi1998 Guest

I said if, not since.

6. Jimi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I would say I'm a 7.5

I love fashion, makeup, and skincare. I don't like sports besides tennis and watching the olympics. I have a soft semi-feminine voice if that makes sense.

However, I dress like a guy. I love male fashion, so I don't wear feminine clothes much. & I love being male.

7. jargon

I'd say 2.5

Basically I think of myself using bits and pieces of masculinity of femininity equally when they work, never just because its the manly (or unmanly) thing to do.

That said, I do like football and beer and so on, so I probably do have just the teeniest innate tendency towards masculinity.

8. blueberrymuffin

I'd probably be a 4/6. Others can usually guess, but I'm not a complete flamer (though, hopefully I'll get there someday :icon_bigg).

9. LinkLarkin

Very masculine, purely because I'm in the closet. Since I've told a couple of people I'm gay, I've noticed my feminine traits unfurling. I can never see myself becoming a completely stereotypically femme guy, but I'm pretty sure I'll end up somewhere between the two.

10. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am in Between the Between & Masculine :slight_smile:

11. Islander

Quite feminine - long hair, makeup, skirts and dresses etc. Though I do often have their urge to cut ny hair short and wear more masculine clothes, but worry that I can't pull it off!

12. Pocky

Definitely masculine. My justification:

• I just plain don't get fashion, let alone just buying clothes that look decent on me.
    • My voice is a stock-standard 'guy' voice
    • I admit I use words like 'mate' and 'bro' etc. a bit
    • I'm not a huge fan of bitchiness for the sake of it
    • Can't dance
    • My music taste is broad but I don't have that diva obsession
    • I'm not hugely expressive when I talk
    • I couldn't really picture myself as a bottom apart from general curiosity

Of course these are blatant stereotypes but I think we can agree that this discussion warrants stereotyping.

Having said that, there's plenty of masculine traits I don't possess:

• I find all sport mind-numbingly boring
    • I haven't ever been in a fight and don't really have the drive to be in one
    • I'm told quite often that I'm kind-hearted, caring and sensitive
    • I don't give a shit about being 'top dog' and trying to outdo others
    • I'm a regular user of a number of different skincare products
    • I like tea, stationary and book shops

I dunno...I'm just me :slight_smile:

13. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Some Gay People sense that I am Gay, some presume I am Straight, all the Straight People I know presume I am Straight, so go figure :slight_smile:

14. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, if this scale had 0 for total masculinity and 6 for total femininity, then I'd be a total 3.

15. ScatteredEarth

I'd say that I'm pretty masculine.. The only feminine quality I see in myself is I have an irrational fear of arachnids and cockroaches >.<

16. biggayguy

Generally I'm seen as masculine but I have a feminine side. probably 3.5 on this scale. I have done lipstick, nail polish and cross dressed on occasion but not every day.

#16 biggayguy, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  17. 2112

Probably 2.5ish

18. ClosetedMan

Out Status:
    A few people
    ??? Not sure how others take me but, I'm the most masculine cat I know. I work in a male dominated blue collar job and live in a rural Deep South area. I enjoy masculine activities and almost hate any activity that's typical female. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the most masculine I'd put myself at zero or less. In my view it's good and bad. I cuss, dip, drive a 4-wheel drive truck, HATE shopping, have a deep voice, can rebuild my own tractor and while I'm clean and take care of my mind & body I'm anything but polished. I'm not afraid to fight if I have to & I'll can shoot (with accuracy). I don't use skin cream, have any "designer" cloths, can't dance & don't go looking for antiques. And I'm not one of those hobby weekend leather/cowboy dudes. I was raised on a farm and I do have grease under my short, un-manicured finger nails about have the time.

19. Night

Night Guest

It's nearly impossible label myself as one over the other. I have traits from both sides, and typically view myself as being ME because I despise living in a world where femininity vs masculinity matters.

20. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Pretty masculine.