1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cross-play

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BookDragon, Aug 17, 2013.

1. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For those uninitiated;

Cosplay is where you dress up as a character from something.

Cross-play is where you cosplay as a character of the opposite sex!

Now on to the point of this thread. Ever since I started to question gender type things I've been dying to actual go OUT somewhere in girls clothes. Unfortunately doing that around here isn't going to happen since I can't leave the house without someone catching me in the act. So I decided to crossplay at the next convention I go to!

I'm still torn between:
    Ryuuguu Rena (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni)
    Squid Girl (Shinryaku ika musume)
    Sayaka Miki (Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika)
    May (Guilty Gear)

The point is, I really want to give this a go, but I'm still kinda nervous since I've never even cosplayed before and I don't know how people would react to it. Anyway has anyone ever done this before or considered doing it?

2. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ive considered it (I really wanted to be Etna or Flonne for AMA con) but ive never actually done it. Also thought of a Poison costume when I was into fighting games.

Why not Bridget from Guilty Gear :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: JK, Id probably suggest Sayaka Miki.

3. KingdomKeyDK

Akira from Special A. I pick her because she looks the most like me.

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You should! That's so amazing. I've always wanted to cross-play as Lux Crownguard:

[​IMG]

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmpf....even if I do I can't post any pictures! Rats! :grin:

6. Carbine

Mostly from my experience it just makes a lot of people laugh...you may get some wierd looks and could potentially get kicked out of some stores for more...strangely-behaving characters. For example, the France (Hetalia) in my sister's cosplay group gets kicked out on a fairly regular basis lol. Also don't expect to last a minute if the getup involves full facepaint, a mask, or in some places, a trench coat/cape...
    I myself don't ever read manga or watch anime...though I do cosplay Eric Draven, (The Crow) Iris Shaw, (different incarnation from James O'Barr's The Crow graphic novels...) Paviche Largo, (Repo! The Genetic Opera) and Zant (LoZ: Twlight Princess.) Only one of my cosplays is a female character...

7. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I cross-played as Pluto from Black Butler while my gal pal cross-played as Grell. I wanted us to be Natsuo and Youji from Loveless! D:

8. RoguesWolfe

Ah I love cosplaying! Back when I was into Naruto real bad I would dress as him everywhere I went. Sure I got strange looks and such but I didn't care. I've also ran into a Kakashi from Naruto while up on Ohio with my dad visiting. It was kinda funny we both just stopped and stared, then finally they asked if a convention was going on. I told em I just wanted to dress up, which is what they did. Then some random Japanese guy asked for my photo for his girlfriend back at home XD. I've also been Gaara, even cut my hair and dyed it red like his. I'm hoping the next convention I go to I'll be dressed as Alucard from Hellsing! I could never dress up as girl characters, feels odd even though I am one XD, easier being guys.