1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I wish it was like this

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by person57, Aug 17, 2013.

1. person57

I wish that everybody accepted LGBT people, Same-Sex marriage was legal all around the world, LGBT people weren't treated differently, and I wish that homophobia didn't exist. Why can't it be this way :'(

2. BudderMC

Basically:

[​IMG]

3. kresukun

Because people judge us unfairly. But this is the best quote I've heard that truly resonates to what I feel.

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

Mahatma Gandhi

4. person57

:roflmao:

5. George

I know.. I wish for it too more than anything. However whenever I feel down about it I just think about how far we have come. The world for LGBT was so much different a generation ago. Marriage equality wasn't even a consideration - the very real threat in many areas were anti-sodomy laws. Not only could gays not get married, they couldn't even have consensual sex in the private of their own homes... In America that has been eliminated for 10 years now, and we have seen about 1/4 of the states begin allowing same-sex marriage. That's some pretty huge progress, and I think within another 10 years we'll see almost every first world country begin allowing same-sex marriages.

It would be wonderful if the whole world could change overnight, but there are just too many stubborn bigots. Some of them will eventually become supporters, but many will die with their homophobic attitudes. We have much to be hopeful about for the younger generations though. The overwhelming support and acceptance from them gives me hope that the world we dream of will become a reality within our lifetimes. The only thing we can do is remain hopeful and continue educating others - show them that we are no different than anyone else and we deserve full equality. :slight_smile:

#5 George, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2013