1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back To School

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by secretguyX, Aug 17, 2013.

1. secretguyX

So I'm going into tenth grade and I start school on the 9th. I started coming out like right after school ended, so I'm pretty much going back as a different person and I'm scared as hell. I still have to go to guidance soon and tell them the whole "call me jake, guy chorus, guy locker room shit". But I mean i don't know. How do i go back to school like I'm just really nervous and I don't exactly know what I'm asking but meh i need help :/

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hmm... Well, I think try to talk to the school. Do you have the support of your parents?

Ziester Adrian

3. wity

I am going through a similar issue, I am oging to a new school and just started coming out this summer, but I am starting hormone replacement therapy after the school year starts, so I don't really know if I should kinda lay low or what, because people will notice me changing, so I am kinda in the same boat, and would like some suggestions too/

---------- Post added 17th Aug 2013 at 08:03 PM ----------

Also my parents don't completely believe me, and they are going to send me to therapy to make sure I am not lying or anything, so it may take a bit of time before I can talk to the school about this.

4. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I went through the same issue back in April after I came out as trans* to my family and work, and started presenting as male in public. I basically spoke with my guidance counsellor about notifying all of my teachers of my preferred name and pronouns, and I eventually started coming out slowly to my classmates whenever they asked.

Nothing worked out perfectly of course. I'm still forced to use either the girls' restroom or faculty (thanks for treating me like less of a person for that, staff...), and I'm fortunate that I didn't have required Phys. Ed for my final year, because the locker situation would've been disastrous. I can only hope that your school will be more lax about these things.

It's perfectly fine to be nervous and I'm sure everyone would be nervous in a situation like that, just be sure to speak with your guidance counsellor at school and take it easy. I hope the best for you.

5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    God dammit, that's so fucked up.