1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dno if this goes here but...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Leigh, May 17, 2008.

1. Leigh

Leigh Guest

say hypothetically you added a guy you like on myspace,
    bearing in mind youre not acquainted with this (hypothetical) guy, you just move in the same circles and see him around (and happen to think hes a "bum-ting")...

well say this guy accepts your friend request after like 3 days, but he doesnt comment...

well then what do you do (hypothetically)?

does that mean hes happy to be your myspace friend but doesnt particularly like you?
    if you comment him is that a bit pathetic-y because he wouldve commented you if he wanted to?

help appreciated!!

i need to get this (hypothetical) guy off my mind :confused:

2. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Personally, does it matter if he took 3 days to add you? Some guys are notoriously slow at things like that. It's a bonus he added you at all! Some would have just forgotten.

If everybody waits for everybody else to comment nothing would happen! Rather than wait, comment him if you want. Why would it be pathetic? And I don't think you can read too much into his lack of commenting you. If you really want to know if he likes you, start commenting and see where it leads. Just relax and go with what you want to do. Show him you can take the lead. Good luck.

BTW, this thread will probably be moved to "Support and Advice".

3. Leigh

Leigh Guest

thanks for the input!

i thought about putting it into support and advice but it didnt seem like a big enough issue.

i had it in mind to comment him because people always say that guys like girls who make the first move, but then i asked my guy friend and he kind of managed to talk me out of it.

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I get a few Facebook adds and other stuff there during the week and generally only log in at the weekend and sort them out. Most often I add friends without sending any comment.

So I would not read anything into someone taking a few days and not saying anything.

Those sites seem to be more about collecting friends, comments and other stuff, sending them silly pictures etc, and adding lame applications, rather than much real meaningful communication between people. It all seems rather shallow to me, which is why I don't do much with mine.

Maybe your friend has the same opinion?

5. Jeimuzu

You're massively over-reading this situation.

If you wanna chat to him, find some common ground and chat. If you can't find common ground, the conversation probably wasn't ever going anywhere special.