1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Migraines

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ZebraJynx121, Aug 18, 2013.

1. ZebraJynx121

I got one immediately when I woke up and I had blurry vision and nausea. Oh yeah I had to go to church too fml. So does anyone else get them often?

2. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to in high school, but I thankfully haven't had any since I started college. Barely getting sleep due to insomnia made them worse for me as well.

They're just brutal.

3. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had one cluster migraine about 5years ago. Never found out what set it off, but it was 3 days of hell which ended in a hospital stay...touch wood I haven't had another one, and I wouldn't wish a migraine on an enemy.

4. Jonathan

I've been getting migraines for the majority of my life. I used to get them a lot more frequently when I was younger. Now (thankfully) they seem to have subsided somewhat. I still get the occasional one, but they're nowhere as often as they used to be. I always hate the sensitivity to light and sound I get when I have a migraine.

5. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I also get migraines from time to time. But I'm not sure if they're more like tension headaches rather than migraine. The symptoms are more or less the same as far as I know. But whenever I get migraine/tension headaches, it starts off with "blind spots"/blurry vision, then once that subsides, I see wavy lines that "vibrates" out of the corner of my eye. Once that stops, I get an intense (throbbing) headache, followed by nausea. I usually feel better after vomiting, but sometimes I don't throw up at all, and the nausea gets better when I've had a day's sleep in a dim lit room (bedroom with curtains drawn). I also become more sensitive to sound and light during these attacks. But it occurs mostly when I'm stressed or very tired, so it sounds more and more like tension headaches rather than migraine :confused:

6. srslywtf

I did until I was about 20... Thankfully I haven't had one in the past few years. No idea why, my dad gets them and has for his whole life.

7. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had migraines before. It's usually from school stress (from producing class) or from having to take care of 2 kids that never follow the rules and tear at each other's throats.. Or when I'm super hungry :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. BornInTexas

I used to get frequent migraines when I was younger. They still pop up, but they are spread out over months now. It used to be every day after school I'd go home with a migraine from hunger, stress, or weather.

9. Foxface

I get them...I take medication to prevent and stop them

I would recommend going to doctor to get a mix of Reglan and Imitrex...the second you know you are getting a migraine you pop em both and it knocks em out quick

Foxface

10. kikudog6

I used to get them pretty bad. In April I was getting 4 or 5 a week. But I'm finally on some meds that work :grin: I'm on amitriptyline and some vitamins (vitamin B and magnesium.) I don't know if yours are bad enough for you to want to take meds all the time, but they're working pretty well for me. I'm having maybe 3 or 4 a month now.

11. kwyjibo

I've had a few, and my dad gets them about once a month, so I fear I may have inherited that trait.