1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Hopes Came True

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Data, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Data

Data Guest

So "yesterday" (since I haven't been to sleep yet) I went to go get a sub at Subway. I was wearing my rainbow pride dog tag necklace outside my V-neck shirt (I think they're sexy) and my rainbow bracelet on my wrist. As I walked up to the counter to order my sub, the lady behind the counter leaned in and said "Oh that's really nice! I was wondering if it had your name on it or if it just said 'pride'. I really like that one. I have one at home but it's all chipped so I don't wear it anymore." I smiled EAR TO EAR :icon_bigg and thanked her for the compliments.

I am STOKED about that experience! The whole purpose of wearing that necklace was so that any gay guys who noticed me in public would see that I was gay too. I am both EXTREMELY shy and very straight looking. I thought maybe if a nice guy wanted to come say hi, but was afraid I was straight, he would see the dog tag and come introduce himself. I would never even think of introducing myself to someone in public. I wouldn't even be able to talk!:lol:

Has anyone had an experience where a nice guy or girl has noticed your pride "stuff" and come up to chat/hit on you? I have sort of gotten validation here since someone did mention the necklace and struck up conversation, it's just not the perfect example because it was a lady who did it. Come forth and share your stories! Tell me my plan is feasible! Please?(*hug*)

2. srslywtf

Awesoem! No not yet... Hopefully eventually..

Where did the dog tag thing come from? My bracelet doesnt always suit what I'm wearing

Oh and v-necks are totally sexy :lol:

3. Data

Data Guest

Thanks! IDK, I know it's a bad thinh to do, but I generally stereotype V-necks as a gay man style shirt. The metrosexual guys throw me off OFTEN so I have to stop it. :grin:

Amazon.com: Gay & Lesbian Rainbow Pride Flag Dog Tag Metal Necklace with 14 Inch Chain ... New: Home & Kitchen

This is the necklace I bought. I LOVE IT! Highly recommended.

4. RoguesWolfe

If it counts for the pride club that I was in I would wear my grandfathers rainbow suspenders? I did it for the club and because well I was the jokster, still am and it would make people laugh not because of the rainbow but a 15 year old was wearing suspenders. Also had rainbow shoes!

5. Kyllani

That's a great story! Gives me hope and makes me glad I'm looking into getting some pride stuff too. I've been looking on Amazon, Etsy, and Rainbow Depot for the perfect necklace or bracelet, but I can't decide! I like the one you posted, but I don't know if I would actually wear a dog tag.

6. Elf Wynd

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Data, I think I preferred you before you had that emotion chip installed... ;-)

No seriously this was a happy and good experience. Thanks for sharing.

7. Data

Data Guest

It's a personal choice, but I will say that the dog tag is almost EASIER to wear then the bracelet that I also wear because I can slip the necklace pendant inside my shirt if I enter a situation that I don't like. If I walk into a bar, I tuck it away. If I walk into a U of A Starbucks I whip that little nugget out and smile at people!:roflmao: That's the whole point of the necklace for me, to get noticed and have other gay guys similar to me (hard to notice) come up and chat.

I got the dog tag because it's kind of "in your face" and not hidden away on my wrist. If I think about it, I never look at peoples' hands when I talk to them. I do look at their face and their upper body though, that's why I got the necklace. However, if you DO want the inconspicuous look, a bracelet or ring or even a piercing would be perfect for you! I have had my ear pierced 4 times (Silver, Gold, surgical steel, and some plastic coated deal) and every single time no matter what I did to keep it clean it got infected and I had to take it out. That was in 4th grade :lol: but I now know that my body doesn't like piercings.