1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any MTG players?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SpitfireXSoarin, Aug 20, 2013.

1. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was wandering if anyone else here plays Magic: The Gathering. If so what do you usually run?

2. Just Jess

I'm trying to get back into the game. I used to play permission/control. I'm trying to put together an elder dragon highlander format deck.

3. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dont play any commander (too expensive at the moment) but it seems like a fun format.

4. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I recently bought a starter deck despite many "Don't do it"s from many friends who are in the gaming business. I have yet to play a game, though.

5. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ Dont worry, the nickname "Cardboard Crack" means nothing.

6. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I played it about 10 years back when I was in high school. I enjoy the rules and the flexibility of creating your own decks to beat friends with around the dinner table. I use to have a white Cleric/Angel deck and a blue and red shock/counterspell deck which was hilariously entertaining :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Hefiel

I've been slowly discovering MTG. Had played at a friend's house a while back for the first time, and ended up purchasing the Steam game for the hell of it. It's fun, but not sure it's something I'd spent money on cards and whatnot. That might change if I get more into the game though.

8. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^My origional infect deck had four inkmoth nexus and 22 full art zendikar land. I bought the inkmoths when they were $20 ea. Thats $90 in LAND!

9. Hefiel

Yeah, the price for some cards can be pretty ridiculous. It was the same back when I used to play Yu-Gi-Oh cards...can't even remember how many years ago that was. I think I was still in primary school.

10. Sabinian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have one very not standard deck that I use to play with my younger brothers. It's a mono black vampire deck. One of the brothers is much more into MTG than I and has several cool decks.

I would also do drafts with friends back home (one of whom had enough cards to make such a thing possible), but now that we've all graduated from college and scattered to the four winds, I doubt I'll ever do one of those again. )-;

11. BrosefStalin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    From age 16 to 26 I played M:TG. Most of the time I was involved in the PTQ scene. During those entire ten years, I never met a single fellow gay Magic player who enjoyed regularly competing at these. Even rarer than the ever-elusive Magic chick. Actually...the current best female Magic player in the world...we played at the same store for many years. I watched her rise, starting with her first PTQ top 8 with Enchantress. But I digress. My favorite deck is mono black control in all its forms. From Necropotence back in the day, to Pox, to the later stuff (I have not played in several years). I even qualified for Nationals in 2002 with mono black control.

12. Querying

Spitfire, full Zendikar lands? Sweet stuff! What colours was it running? I have an old pauper infect that was pretty badass, until I tried to play it against people who knew what they were doing. I'm toying with a new Jund deck design for infect, built around Double Strike (R, target creature gains double strike until end of turn) because it has a couple of ways to get a turn 2 kill, which isn't bad in Modern.

Lately I haven't had time to do much deck building, so I've been playing more on the limited scene. Mostly I draft, but I played sealed once, coming away with pack prizes, which was pretty sweet. The scene is a bit intimidating, considering I'm a young teenage girl facing off against 30-40 year old men most of the time, but it works out okay when I end up going 3 and 0.

13. twosoups

I mostly play casual, but but my best friend owns a game store. His store runs edh, draft, standard, and modern tournaments on a weekly basis.

#13 twosoups, Jun 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  14. dustashed

Anyone playing in the Greater Toronto Area? been trying to get back into it. Playing the online version at the moment at MTGO but want to go back into paper as soon as the new set arrives

15. Ryujin

I play a Black-white Life gain deck with a focus on Divinity of Pride as my core card. I mainly played casually with friends, though I'd like to get into tournaments and stuff. That would be ridiculous!