1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shower Meditation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Data, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Data

Data Guest

Okay, so I tend to take long, HOT showers. It drives people crazy, but I can't help but get very relaxed and meditate in the shower. I just love how the steam fills the room and the feeling of the water running down my body just calms me so much. I tend to think of my dreams in the morning, or the days events at night. The fact that I like hot showers confuses people too. I mean, it can be 110* outside and I'll come in from working on my car and take a nice HOT shower because that's what I love. I usually cool down after coming out and having some of the water evaporate off me. Don't you just love how phase changes move energy around?! :slight_smile:

Also, while withdrawing from Oxycodone after 6 months (perscription, motorcycle accident) and later Tramadol (same thing) for 3 months, a long, hot shower was a LIFE SAVER because the feeling of the water acted like a sensory overload and I almost couldn't feel my skin crawl and the bad muscle aches while in the shower!:thumbsup:

So who else takes long showers and meditates while doing so? I CAN'T be the only one!!! (!)

2. RoguesWolfe

Over here! I try not to take long showers but well that just can't happen XD. I usually do the same thing though if it's hot outside I can still take hot showers. There's only been one time I took a cold shower but that was because there was no hot water. But anyways I usually think of either all the things I should do today, or then I go into random thoughts such as how things work in the world. Or sometimes I'll just not think what so ever if I'm too stressed and with that hot water it feels amazing.

3. Data

Data Guest

That's just like me! You're right, it's the thoughts. My mind is constantly thinking and it really doesn't change when I take a shower. Still thinking, but just so much more relaxed!

When you said you try not to take long ones, it reminded me that I go around and do a lot of water saving things to kind of counterbalance my long showers. :lol: I turn the water off while I wash my hands and brush my teeth. I also pack the dishwasher full (reasonably) and do a full load of clothes to save water. Even though it's gross to some people, if it's yellow I let it mellow. I don't see the point in flushing the toilet every single time I pee, because our toilet is NOT a water miser. It's ridiculous really how much water per flush it uses. I still don't get the point of filling the toilet with CLEAN water just so you can dirty it with waste.:confused:

So the more water I save doing other things in a smarter way, the less of an impact my drawn out shower has on the Earth.

I guess bath people can reply too. Long, hot shower is almost the same as a long, hot bath in my book!:lol:

4. Secretman

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love turning up the heat, sitting on the floor, and letting the hot water beat on me. Feels great and relaxing.

5. BudderMC

I love to do it, but I don't do it often. Living in student housing means it runs up the utility bills for my friends, which isn't fair to them.

If I'm at home, on vacation, or in residence and can spare the time - definitely. :slight_smile:

6. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Used to be able to do that. Now I try and get out as quickly as possible before dysphoria kicks in.

But I got my best ideas in there. Scenes, novels, songs- you name it. Sisters even had a set of bathtub crayons that I'd use to sketch and take notes in while I was in there. Even realized I was transgender in the shower.

Yeah. It's really the only part of my day I can guarantee uninterrupted time to myself. Wish I could enjoy it like I used to.

7. Data

Data Guest

That's a really good point. At my old place, the utilities were included in my rent. I did it every day!

Now I have to be conscientious about how long I take in there, but I never quite match my mom and sister's 5-8 minute speed shower. How they manage to wash their hair, body, and shave their legs in 5 minutes beats the HELL out of me!

8. Falklands Sheep

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh dear.

Long showers... By God I love them. I can't help it, I just love showering with hot water for like half an hour.

Dad, however, thinks it's a waste of water and money. I do remember I once showered for like 40 minutes, then in his rage he stormed into the bathroom and flushed the toilet to get me out.

Damn me that burnt.

Still, I got my revenge shortly afterwards :grin:

9. ZebraJynx121

Im glad other people spend awhile in showers! It's the only place where I won't be interrupted and can unwind and reeeeelax. I spend time memorizing lyrics and just listening to music.

10. RoguesWolfe

Yup I do the same thing most of the time even at other peoples homes. But you gotta point with the why it takes so much with toilets. Though there are times I usually just brush my teeth in the shower lol multitasking! Room mates see it to be a bit weird but I am so used to it that it doesn't bother me. I used to be a long bath person..but then I started thinking if I clean myself in a bath the dirt is just floating around...I found it to be pointless...and I didn't feel clean. I'm weird like that I suppose.

11. Data

Data Guest

Oh my goodness, I thought about getting a waterproof shower radio, but I had to tell myself no because I would never get out! I'd either be singing every song that came on or I'd be listening to the talk show "JohnJay and Rich" here on the most popular radio station.:lol:

12. RocketMoose27

If there's one thing I love, then that's LONG showers! :icon_bigg
    I won't go into detail about how good it feels since you all got it covered already. But it's so addicting and amazing, it's like I want to fall asleep in it... Well... I would drown, but you get the point. :dry:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've always wondered about this too! My mom and sisters have 3-10 minute showers every morning. Seriously though, how the heck do they pull it off? :bang:

13. srslywtf

I try to do this.. I usually end up overthinking madeup scenarios in my head.. things like 'what if my dad died today' and my hyperactive brain carries it all through to the funeral, and I end up crying in the shower :lol: wuuuuuut.

I can't meditate in the shower. I can in a dark room though. Or a bath!

Sometimes I come up with really great song ideas though!

14. Formality

As an alpine skiier I have to disagree with you on this one.
    Yes I love taking long showers. While I'm at my hometown living with my family all my showers are less than 5 minutes to save the warm water for the others. But at my appartment I can shower for 30 minutes without feeling guilty :slight_smile:

15. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I do that like all the time <3

16. suppa groovy

I would love taking long hot showers, but whenever I do I always feel starving to the point of curling up in fetal position. So I try and restrict my showers to be 30 minutes at the longest.

I will say, the one thing I'm looking forward to about living on my own some day is being able to listen to music while showering. My bathroom door doesn't actually shut, and there's always someone home, so I can never blast music. Literally everything else about adulthood can suck it, but I'm really looking forward to this one thing.

17. leer

love showers always have done I do like a mixture of temperatures.

18. Bolin

Yes. Which is why my showers are usually upwards to 40 minutes long. Although recently, instead of being "shower meditation," it's more like "shower contemplation of everything wrong in your life so you start crying and then accidentally get shampoo in your eyes which makes you cry even more." :lol:

19. Wells

Wells Guest

We have to pay for every drop of water. And every drop wastes now :frowning2: but I love hot showers

20. RisingSun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I LOVE long hot showers, it's one of the few moments where I can truly relax. Unlike most people, I don't start thinking but I just shut down my mind and feel nothing but the hot water running down my body. I stopped taking long showers though, I realized it's a waste of water and money so I try to limit my showers to 15 minutes max.