1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Impossible love ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bitou, May 18, 2008.

1. bitou

bitou Guest

Is the age gap can make love Impossible ?

2. Alex

What? not sure i get it..
    Age does not matter really.. if you are in love you are in love

3. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, it can't make love impossible.

But under certain circumstances (especially if one person is underage) it can be reason enough not to get into a relationship with someone.

4. STK

STK Guest

Nooo... Yes the LAW says so, but the LAW is not infallible.

5. bitou

bitou Guest

The law is very clear , and Everyone is expected to know it . Stuff can happen , someone can fall in love with an underage . but to stay out of any trouble I think the age gap make it impossible.

6. STK

STK Guest

Umm, no? They just have to wait until the younger person is 18. And that's just to have sex. There's no age limit on love... Well, unless one person is prepubescent.

#6 STK, May 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2008
  7. bitou

bitou Guest

prepubescent that's a problem , mabe sick . You might be right but it still complicated. This society still has problem accepting gays if you add that kind of relationship , you making the situation worst. In the general way you right

#7 bitou, May 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2008
  8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The law isn't indiscriminate. They didn't say "Hows about we make an age of consent law?" They did it to protect the younger person. It's assumed that at an early age, people aren't as capable at making good, rational, life-changing decisions as they will be later on. Yes, some 13-year-olds are wise beyond their years, and some 22-year-olds are morons. But in general, the 22-year-old will be better equipped to give things some serious thought, and more likely to consider the consequences of their actions. Thus, a 13-year-old isn't allowed to drive a car, enter into a legal contract, or get into a physical relationship with an older person.

There's another force at work here. When one person is an "adult" (over 18), and the other is a minor (under 16), these two people won't be entering into a relationship as "equals". The older person will almost certainly have more "power" in the relationship, and therefore can coerce the younger into doing things s/he might not want to do. Between this, and the "rational decisions" thing, it makes sense to have an age of consent law. Yes, there are 13-year-olds who are mature enough to make good decisions, but these people are few and far between. Much better to deprive them for a couple years in order to protect the many more who aren't capable.

Bit, if you find yourself drifting towards a physical relationship with someone who is under-age, I'd highly recommend backing off. WAY off. Don't just not get physical - make it extremely clear to all people that there IS nothing physical. Don't spend much time alone, don't make goo-goo eyes at each other, all of that. Because in situations like this, even giving the impression of having a physical relationship can be extremely dangerous.

Lex

9. bitou

bitou Guest

I 100% agree . I think the appropriate thingh to do is to wait or back off. Good explaination , thanks

10. xxxDEZxxx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    AGE SHOULDN'T MATTER! If you love someone you should be with them. The laws they have are stupid...i mean come on now if someone of age has sex with someone who is underage the one who is of age...has to go to jail even though they BOTH agreed to it. But that also just deals with the sex stuff am not saying this all has to deal with sex but it is part of the age thing
    but i honestly say age SHOULDNT matter. If they want to be together they should be allowed together! Love is love no matter what age,gender, or anything i missed.

11. Jdmdrules

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    if u really love some one and you're underage wait.. and while you're waiting you won't love them anymore lolz.

12. xxxDEZxxx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That is true but if they want to be together and they could be.....y should they have to wait?