1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School Teachers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by josh9623, Aug 22, 2013.

1. josh9623

Now that school has started (at least where I live), what do you think of your teachers? Are all of them GSM friendly? If you are GSM do your teachers know?

Most of my teachers are fine, one of them seems like she could teach the class to 5th graders and have them understand (Honors Physics). The TV Production teacher is leaving after tomorrow which is sad since this would be my third year with her. My English IV teacher is very nice, however while she is not vocal about it she is sort of anti-gay and religious, also in that class one of the books we will be studying is the King James Bible, so... sounds fun.

2. Awkward Balloon

Unfortunately, I'm not back at school yet. :wink:
    But I've already found out that two of my teachers are gone, one who taught me 4 subjects and the other who taught me 2. This means I will potentially get six new teachers!! :O

But the teacher who I had for 4 subjects made a homophobic remark in class one day. He told me and another guy to stop holding hands because it was "Freaking him out".
    Later a group of my friends approached him about it, and he apologised. :slight_smile: I knew he wasn't homophobic as he made that clear before, the comment still sort of hurt..

3. Hefiel

Haven't met my teachers yet except one. (College is only starting next week for me). Pretty sure the teachers are GSM friendly though, considering the location of the college which is about 10 minutes away on foot from the Gay Village, and that the college is super liberal.

4. SurprisingDanny

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What does GSM stand for.

I think I know what you mean I'm just curious what it stands for.

in answer to the question, most of my teachers know but it's not a subject that comes up very often, except in History.

There was one teacher who was really childish and weird and not many people wanted to be around him for more than half an hour who was reallly reaaally anti-whatever GSM stands for.

Once he started a really awkward debate on it and it was really uncomfortable for everyone, and he kept complaining about the protestants in the class and it got to the point where I couldn't tell if he was joking or not. So he wasn't the most pleasant, or mature person...

5. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of my teachers made a complaint that our fundraisers were taking money away from the (privately owned and run) canteen, and demanded we reimburse them. We were fundraising for cancer and poverty in Indonesia.

Otherwise, I like most of my teachers. They're good, and they usually teach well.

6. Fiddledeedee

I'll be having the same teachers as I've had for the past several years.

I once asked a PE teacher about bisexuality and she was happy to try and answer, if a bit surprised, without asking me anything. A supply teacher for a health ed lesson asked us about traits we wanted in a partner; I said "female" and she nodded and moved on to the next person. An English teacher made sure to go through media involving same-sex couples with us, showing them as totally normal.

There is some bullying on the basis of sexuality at my school, but the teachers are awesome.

Danny: GSM stands for gender and sexuality minorities.