1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

although i'm in the closet , but this time is the first time i'm ashamed of myself

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stevy, Aug 22, 2013.

1. stevy

stevy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hi , i'm new here , i'm not really good at sharing my issues with anyone but i really need some help this time .

i don't know what to say , or rather don't have the time to write a lot now .
    the thing is that i'm tired , lost and don't know what to do . i used to be straight till the age 20, where i started to have some feelings for other guys , i denied it at first but then accepted myself and i even came out to my brother and some friends .

the looks , comments and attitude of the others towards gays just unbearable for me . but i never cared about it , till yesterday when a friend of mine (who's openly gay )visited me while my parents was also with me , and as soon as my parents knew he's gay , they asked him to get out and told me not to be around people like him . i'm so close to my mother and hearing her saying things about gays just hurt me . some times i wish i was like my older brother , just the kind of son my family would be proud of .

my life is just a complicated one that i don't have the time now to tell you about it , perhaps later :confused:

2. Hefiel

Re: although i'm in the closet , but this time is the first time i'm ashamed of mysel

I'll put it this way, you don't owe anything to your parents, and you certainly shouldn't be ashamed of yourself when it is your parents who should be ashamed of their actions. You did absolutely nothing wrong, and there's nothing wrong with being gay.

3. qwr42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Re: although i'm in the closet , but this time is the first time i'm ashamed of mysel

Bro, you are your own man, and it doesnt matter what the haters think. You are who you are and you have a right to be!

4. DanD

Absolutely agree 100%

5. stevy

stevy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people

thanx guys :slight_smile:
    as i said , i don't care what the others say or do except my parents , i guess i'm afraid to lose them , and i really wants to let them know i'm gay .
    i'm also upset as i didn't make any move when they offended my friend , i just want things to be clear with them , no secrets or what so ever

6. AKTodd

Um. Was this in your house? Because you're an adult and your parents have essentially zero power to dictate to you who you can or cannot be friends with (anywhere or anytime). Nor can they kick someone out of your house.

If you are living with them, then it's probably a good time to start looking for a way to be out on your own. After which, they cease to have any say in who you associate with whatsoever.

Todd

7. stevy

stevy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people

NO , i live alone , i've invited my parents to dinner that night when unfortunately my boyfriend showed up at the front door . i really didn't want things to end up the way it ended but i just couldn't say a word that night , i guess i was not ready to confront my parents .

#7 stevy, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  8. poopie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

your parents will always love maybe they won't except who you love but they will always except you .don't worry they'll get over it cheer up;-)

9. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

If you parents are not religious extremists,they will always love you,now matter what.