1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chat Sites

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by notsurewhoiam, May 18, 2008.

1. Hi All! I hope that someone can help me out. I'd really like to find a chat site where there isn't a bunch of extra crap on it. I just want to be able to chat with people about experiences. I love this site and the forums are great, I would just really like to have that 'live chat' sometimes to visit with people. The chat here doesn't seem to be near as widely used as the forums, any ideas from others of sites that would be good?

Thanks

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

The chat room here varies, sometimes there is just a couple of people in there, sometimes there is 10 or more. If you look at the bottom of the front page (click Welcome above) it shows who's in there at the time.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am not sure about chat sites but here is an idea....why don't you invite some people on this site to chat with you? I'm sure you'll find a few people who would like to chat with you. Or as Paul said just look at the bottom of the Welcome page to see who is in the room and just join in.

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Sometimes we get some better conversations when there is just a few people in the chatroom than when there is loads. With 3 or 4 people it's easy to have a good discussion about a subject whereas with a dozen or so that's more difficult and some people may feel left out or unable to keep up.

So don't be put off by the number of people, pop in, say hello and see what's going on. If it is quiet, stay in there anyway (do something else in another tab and leave the sound on) and wait for others to turn up.

5. Jim1454

If there is someone that is of particular interest here - i.e. you feel like you can relate to them for some reason, then send them a private message and exchange your MSN ID. That's what I have done in the past, and then we chat when we're both available to do so. Chat rooms are pretty random, so the depth of the conversation is pretty limited. You don't really 'know' the person you're talking with.

6. all great ideas, thanks everyone!

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Just to note there are 10 people in the chatroom right now!