1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tomboys (?)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaisoo, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Kaisoo

So I've been crushed over tomboys and people who I'm out to looks at me in a weird way because they say that makes me a heterosexual since I'm attracted to them for their manliness but I think it has nothing to do with that, I mean I love women I can't help it and I think liking tomboys the most doesn't make me a heterosexual person, but those are just my thoughts, what do you people think about this topic??
    [​IMG]

2. ErinB

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course it doesn't make you heterosexual! At the end of the day, no matter how feminine or masculine or in between or something else a lady is, she's still a lady. It's a really silly thing, because no one would dream of saying the reverse: "Oh, you are attracted to more feminine men because of their femininity, that makes you a lesbian basically" just sounds ridiculous.

I think the problem is people have this idea of gender as a spectrum stuck in their head, where you have masculine men on one end, and feminine girls on the other, aand mabe there's a bit of crossover in the middle. It's an okay explanation and works in some situations but in this case it doesn't. A tomboy and a girly guy are not just a hair's width from being the same person. There is far more to your gender than how masculine or feminine you are.

Tell them to shush, and carry on loving whoever the hell you want! :grin:

xx

3. Kaisoo

hahahaha I knew that thing made no sense, thanks for your advice, I'll try to make it part of my life ☺

4. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Im a straight guy and i love tomboys too. There is a huge differncen between a tomboy and a boy. A tomboy masculinity doesnt mean lack of femininity, or feminine phisical traits. There is always feminine smells we notice subconciously, femmenine symmetries, etc. i mean: when you spot a tomboy you know she is a girl. The femminity is there interwined with her masculinity.

What i like about tomboys is that they are free from stereotypes, they like what they like and they dont hide it under what people expect of their gender.

---------- Post added 23rd Aug 2013 at 03:54 AM ----------

On a more light note: the girl at pic looks good :grin:

5. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're attracted to whom you're attracted to. Nobody can tell you that you're wrong about yourself here. And if they do, they're bloody stupid.

6. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My best friend loves feminine qualities in guys and she's straight as an arrow. Trust me... -__-;

7. eatsleepclimb

Whenever someone says that, I remember that straight girls LOVE justin bieber and he looks like a girl

8. DatChickBassist

Out Status:
    All but family
    Justin Bieber doesn't really look like a girl anymore...

9. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Liking tomboys doesn't make you any less gay. Physical presentation is separate from biological sex/gender. Think about it this way: there has to be lesbians who are attracted to butch/tomboyish women or else all butches/tomboys would be single. I, for one, am glad to hear that there are girls who are attracted to tomboys since I am one myself.