1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sleep Overs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PrinceOfAvalon, Aug 23, 2013.

1. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    Hey. What do you guys think about sleep overs?

I'm sure you have an opinion now.

What about sleep overs between genders?
    I'm 100% gay, not sexually or romantically attracted to females. I told my friend i was sleeping over @ my best friends house (shes a girl). My friend said "I know your gay, but that is just WRONG! she was so disgusted, I don't get it. Shes a generally accepting person, but i find all people in my life have a tipping point and i guess boy-girl sleep overs are hers.

I mean, we are gonna hang out, watch movies, make ice cream, practice our flutes (like the instrument-.-) and gossip. I can't see why people could have a problem with it?

What do you guys think?

Should a gay guy sleep over with a straight girl when BOTH parties are 100% sure there will be no sexual activities transpiring? It seems to me like a trust issue.

If you think No, maybe explain why?

Keep in mind I'm 16, and shes 16. I can understand people thinking sleep overs are silly for teenagers, but honestly i could care less lol. I've had guys stay over @ my house and no one cared, even though im gay. (Lol, like they werent afraid i would rape him in his sleep even though im a chronic-insomniac night owl xD) Suddenly people get offended if i sleep over at a girls house :X?

Would a lesbian not be allowed to sleep over at a straight guys house? If both of the people are trust worthy, whats the matter? I mean.. if hes the kind of straight guy whos like "You just haven't found the right guy yet" Then i can see a rape-y vibe coming off, but her parents know me, and my parents know her. We are about as non-sexual as it gets xD

For that matter, should bisexual people just.. you know, not ever have sleepovers? Because there is a risk both ways. Hell, even 10 year olds experiment so it really just sounds like a trust/ignorance thing.

2. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think sleepovers are fine and fun regardless of gender makeup or sexual orientation . :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What difference does being gay make...has your friend never heard of self control? xD

And moreover even if you DID spend your night having the most freaky kinds of sex, what difference does that make to your friend! People are weird sometimes :grin:

4. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    If both parties are fine with it, then have fun! :slight_smile: I'd understand if your best friend didn't agree with it, but (I take it your friend isn't going) it doesn't matter what other people may think.

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As part of our MBA class going to China, there was one gay guy. We were supposed to share hotel rooms in pairs, and we had an even number of classmates but an uneven number of women. So he offered to stay with her, it was deemed acceptable by all concerned.

6. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That;s a bit different since it's a class of people not a group of friends...

7. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My friends and I have sleep-overs with straight guys, straight girls, and me (I'm the only LGB person in my friendship group), and we don't really give a damn. We're not going to start having sex on the floor. Sometimes, the guys and girls will sleep in different rooms, depending on the parents' wishes.

8. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    By the time we were travelling together, we were, and continue to be good friends. But this illustrates the point that a gay guy and a straight woman (who had a boyfriend who did not come with us) can stay together with no issues.

9. FloatingPiano

I've had sleep overs with men and women of many sexualities. It's never been a problem or weird for me.

10. Night

Night Guest

I don't understand why it'd be an issue even if you were sexually attracted to the opposite gender...

Sounds ridiculously stupid to me.

11. Northern

I recently had a sleepover with two friends that were female and I'm a guy. Her parents thought they were lying about me being gay so I could sleepover LOL

It was lots of fun, ate ice cream and told scary stories, and stuff. I personally adore sleepovers, as long as people get the whole point that you don't just sleep, you do stuff :slight_smile:

12. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    I agree with all of this ^_^ Can you guys see any reason a parent might care other than the fact that they arent trusting maybe?

13. etiggy

In the middle of moving to London.That's the plan.
    i had several sleepovers with hetero girls, hetero boys and gay guys as well, and sometimes we shared the same bed too. Girls, boys, gay, straight, all combinations. Actually I've slept several times side-to-side with two of my straight pals - both guys, and yet it was always perfectly ok for them. At the end it all comes down to trust.

14. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because parents hate the idea that their babies might be having the sex! You could gayest gay man in all of the gay kingdom but stick put you alone in a room with a girl and you're mum is gonna swear blind you had sex...

15. DatChickBassist

Out Status:
    All but family
    I guess some parents don't think it's appropriate. Society standards and what not:rolle:

16. etiggy

In the middle of moving to London.That's the plan.
    Spot on! I invited a girlfriend of mine over for a night when I was 17 and ever since that day I cannot convince my mom that we did not have sex, even though she knows I'm gay and I was not dating women anymore by that time.
    She actually believes I lost my virginity that night! :lol:

17. chrisV

i'm like a kinsey 5.5, ( i just call myself gay). i stay at my friends houses all the time, although they don't know i'm gay. most wouldn't care, and would be fine with me sleeping over, though i am sure that a few of them would be uncomfortable with it.

i really don't see the big deal. it's not like i'm going to sexually harass my friends.

18. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly haven't had a sleep over since like middle school lol

19. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had a few girls want to get me in bed. That's never going to happen.

20. BooksJeansTea

hah I've had sleepovers where my living room was covered with teenagers. I even slept in a bed with a girl and a boy (at the time none of us were out but years later it's come out that the other girl is bisexual, the guy is gay, and I am a lesbian :grin:!) No one thought anything of it and we never did anything.